What does a Best Buy Social Media Specialist do?
The Social Media Specialist role resides within the ECC Social Connections & Innovation (SCI) team. The SCI team represents Best Buy as a concerned and connected retailer while interacting directly with customer-facing content viewable by the general online public. Social Media Specialists work cross-functionally with internal business partners to highlight trends and share insights to help influence business decisions. Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical/research and problem-solving skills are required as well as a professional and authentic demeanor when communicating with customers and business teams.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints through public postings in online communities, social networking sites, private messaging, email, written correspondence and direct telephone contact while conveying messaging that is in alignment with Best Buy's ethical, HR, legal, PR and privacy standards.
- Serve as a moderator, create brand promotional copy, and write knowledge articles for posting in the Best Buy Community Forum
- Provide customer and product insights gained in the community back through the team and organization
* All responsibilities noted in this job description are inclusive of both an in office and remote work environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- 24 months of Customer Service Experience in Social Media, Retail, or Sales.
- Strong writing acumen
- Ability to work a schedule that includes evenings and one weekend day
- Bachelor's degree
- Specific consumer electronics product and technical knowledge (e.g. computers, home theater, mobile, gaming, tablets, etc.)
- Ability to read/write/speak Spanish or Portuguese fluently
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including data and chart manipulation
- Experience with social media content management or engagement platforms