Cargill’s Law Department is looking for a communications professional who can apply her or his creativity and ability to help advance the Law organization’s short and long-term business objectives. As a consultant and implementer, this person will ensure streamlined activities within the Law job family/function, based on the communications priorities set forth by the global leadership team.
This energetic and partnership-driven individual will have many opportunities to display his/her superior written and verbal communication skills and creativity.
This is a dynamic environment offering the right individual the ability to develop new skills and build relationships in a global business. We are seeking a self-starter, a creative thinker, innovator, and someone who is willing to take on the tactical tasks to execute on a strategic vision.
50% - Channel Leadership
- Lead the development, logistics, and execution of multiple communications channels with team members to support global town hall meetings, leadership briefings, virtual forums, yammer etc.
- Website/SharePoint Leadership, Development & Maintenance
- Execute the build-out of Law’s digital experience.
- Manage Law Forum, Law’s intranet site (and other internal sites), including elements of design (navigation/user interface), administration (content management), release (coordination and implementation of new content) and maintenance (IT support).
- Ensure content is valuable, easily accessible and kept up-to-date
- Develop and manage content governance and permissions process
Communications, including Writing/Desktop/Publishing/Graphic Design
- Edit, format, revise and produce a wide variety of documents, including presentations, graphics, reports and statistical data.
- Create, source and deliver news and other information to both the internal and external stakeholders through key channels, both internal and external to Law.
- Produce visual solutions by interpreting and organizing business concepts, processes and information, and determining the most appropriate means of delivering a message.
- Make use of diverse methods including typeset, color, photographs and illustrations to create a general layout for maximum impact, readability and consistency of message.
- Identify new channels and approaches for engaging Law employees. Partners with like Business/Function Lawyers to source/share best practices in reaching global, diverse audiences through a variety of mediums ensuring we are connecting with employees worldwide in their preferred manner.
- Collaboratively develop and implement strategies to communicate Law’s functional strategy, goals, job family information and employee engagement efforts.
35% - Internal Communication Strategy Development, Planning, Execution
- In partnership with Law’s global leadership team, develops and executes Law’s global communications strategy (includes project plan/timeline, written communications, town halls, website updates)
- Aligns the global Law communication strategy with Cargill’s communications strategy and calendar.
- In partnership with Law’s leadership team, supports overall organizational readiness, by aligning Law’s communication strategy with change and education activities. May execute various change and education activities.
- Serve as liaison between Law and Communications functions within Cargill’s Corporate Affairs team.
- May act as team leader for communications projects and/or cross-functional teams. Regularly provides feedback, interacts and coordinates with communications colleagues, channel managers and Law’s leadership team members to ensure awareness of issues to Cargill in other parts of the world and consistency in messaging.
15% - Process Execution
- With some oversight, executes communications and advocacy efforts for initiatives and projects.
- Reveals and tracks best practices and consistent processes for internal communications to be used throughout the Law function, and utilizes them in daily work activities.
- Partners with Law’s leadership team and Corporate Affairs colleagues to develop new communications vehicles. Advises and counsels stakeholders on what channels/vehicles should be used to support their needs.
- Analyzes and reviews measures of communication effectiveness to drive continuous improvement within team.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications OR Marketing OR Public Relations OR Journalism OR Liberal Arts OR related field
- 3+ years experience in Communications OR Marketing OR Public Relations OR Journalism OR Liberal Arts Or related field
- Highly proficient in Sharepoint (building, publishing and maintaining) and Powerpoint
- Support and build cross-functional relationships with key partners across the function and organization.
- Ability to understand our core business and functional goals and establish processes or programs to help us move the needle forward.
- Communicates project and initiative status to AVP, Global Legal Operations, removing roadblocks when possible. Develops work plans and can pivot quickly as priorities shift.
- Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations and communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Superior writing skills in various mediums
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Project management: Ability to execute against multiple project deadlines and manage key stakeholders while moving projects forward and maintaining high work quality.
- Team player: Resourceful and knows how to cultivate relationships. Ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter: Track record of taking initiative, solving problems and going above and beyond to get things done, especially under tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen and simplify details depending on target audience, strong interpersonal skills and a comfort interfacing with employees at all levels
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Brainshark, Articulate preferred
- Effective presentation skills and persuasiveness
- Ability to travel up to 10%