Position Overview: The Director of Creative Services serves Saint Mary's University of Minnesota—a university that spans multiple locations and offers numerous programs. Based in Minneapolis, this role is a skilled creative director and senior graphic designer who leads the production of print and digital materials universitywide. This mid-level strategic marketing and communication position is integral in conveying the institution’s brand visually to various audiences to positively impact the university’s goals, including for enrollment and fundraising. The person who fills this role will be creative, innovative, strategic, detail oriented, collaborative, organized, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. This position supervises two designers.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field required; MFA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Seven plus years of experience in graphic design and production of print and digital marketing and other related materials.
- Strong understanding of marketing and branding and the ability to articulate and execute creative that produces return on investment in the areas of lead generation for enrollment and fundraising.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Mac computer hardware and software programs for design, including Creative Cloud/Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Font Management Systems, Microsoft Office, iCloud, and Google Drive, Docs, and Gmail.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, and exhibit skills in organization, communication, and time management. The individual will possess the ability to meet deadlines and have a commitment to customer service.