Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Global Corporate Communications Managers (CCM) are responsible for directing global external, internal, proactive and reactive (issues/crisis) communications strategy for the area(s) of the business they are assigned. The position works with minimal supervision and significant accountability to develop, manage, and implement communications programs and strategy for their specialty area. The role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and influencing both inside and outside of the department, and interacts regularly with leadership across the company. CCM roles require a broad understanding of a wide range of corporate communications tactics and how they can be utilized in different situations to drive business results.
Position responsibilities include:
- Strengthen and steward brand General Mills
- Develop/determine/advance brand General Mills positioning and messaging supporting internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strategy and plan development and lead day-to-day decision making and resource management
- Oversee brand General Mills assets
- Represent the corporate brand voice and visualization and ensure proper execution in key company strategic initiatives
- Champions General Mills’ brand and conversational communications style and ensures clarity and consistency of all communications
- Develop reports on progress against business plans and objectives. Review progress with Director of Corporate Communications and communicate achievements, address bottlenecks
- Make recommendations for improvements based on insights, best practices and business objectives.
- Identify key and emerging issues and works collaboratively with Director of Corporate Communications to create plans and messaging to serve business line leaders and executives
- 8+ years’ experience in a corporate communications or PR/communications agency developing and implementing corporate brand/PR/communications program; Bachelor’s degree
- The individual should have demonstrated experience in strategic communications practices and processes (planning, project management, writing, and counseling)
- The candidate must have client management experience; experience identifying strategic sponsorship opportunities and activating communications and branding campaign to support investment
- Global experience is a preferred