This position is responsible for driving profitable customer growth via the development of annual marketing calendars which accomplish the business objectives as stated in the strategic framework developed by the Director of Strategy and Planning. Oversees the Associate Marketing Manager in designated markets that provide recommendations for new salon openings, incremental, and guerrilla marketing. Serves as a mentor/coach to the Associate Marketing Manages and other members of the Marketing/Communications team.
Key Result Areas:
- Develops, executes, and analyzes annual strategic ad fund marketing plans in collaboration with assigned markets that address brand measures and drive desired customer count growth and profit objectives using appropriate tools/analysis to support recommendations.
- Develops comprehensive market plans, including competitive review, retail trends, media costs and trends, program results and data, marketing recommendations, and input from Business Services.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to support franchisees ongoing marketing efforts both in new salons (through year 2) and existing salon organizations.
- Leads, alongside Business Services, a collaborative cross functional team to test, analyze, and communicate with new franchisees opening their 1st or 2nd salon.
- Provides recommendations to Director of Marketing Strategy and Planning on short-term and long-term ongoing marketing strategies to ensure we are positioned to deliver and leverage desire system-wide marketing programs to franchisees.
- Manages ad fund budget dollars in assigned markets including maintaining expected cushion and managing market dollars effectively.
- Works with Marketing Planning vendor partners to test, analyze and implement new marketing tactics. Incorporates new marketing tactics as they become part of the proven marketing mix.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with franchise service sector multi-tier industry and consumer retail businesses.
- Customer relations skills, such as the ability to respond with a sense of urgency, and with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Planning skills, such as identifying and sequencing action steps to achieve goals while considering possible risks.
- Ability to effectively speak and present in public and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
- Ability to build effective relationships across all levels, exchanging information freely and dealing well with differences of opinion or confrontation.
- Ability to develop a complete business/marketing plan with solid financial elements.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel and other financial programs.
- Travel is required.
This position requires a college degree and at least 8+ years of marketing management experience either on client or agency side or a combination of the two. Experience with digital marketing and knowledge of creative/branding process at client or agency side preferred.
This position supervises one or more Associate Marketing Managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.