You are a social media marketer with a passion for fashion and an interest in women’s rights (specifically sexual exploitation and sex trafficking). The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hungry for growth, thrives in a fluid environment and possesses a strong eye for visual detail and creativity with exceptional writing skills.
The Social Media and Content Marketing Strategist is responsible for executing an integrated social media presence across multiple platforms and channels to foster engagement with the MY SISTER audience, like-minded companies, influencers and more. This role serves as an ambassador across all social media touch points, managing workflow, content calendars, publishing and engaging with guests, fans and followers. Creativity is key, as content planning, ideation and creation through strong visual and storytelling brand aesthetics serves as a major responsibility of the Social Media and Content Marketing Strategist.
MY SISTER offers trendy, fair trade t-shirts, jewelry and beauty products with positive and empowering messaging. A percentage of every purchase funds programs with local, national and international non-profits that are working to fight sex trafficking. We believe that everyone can participate in the progress towards a world without sexual exploitation. MY SISTER focuses on innovative and community building initiatives to engage our country in the movement. By raising awareness, offering education and employment opportunities for survivors, working to end the demand, and providing funding for holistic after-care, MY SISTER will work with all our sisters to end this form of modern day slavery of children and women across the world.
- Supports the Director of Marketing in research, strategy, and content implementation across social media platforms.
- Leverages social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and emerging channels, blog, affiliate links, etc.,) to communicate internal and external brand stories.
- Develops a creative, storytelling content strategy using a diverse mix of fashion, event-related and mission-driven initiatives.
- Creates, coordinates and maintains brand profiles and other content for brand pages on behalf of social media accounts. * Collaborates with the Director of Marketing to develop a social strategy and content calendar as it relates to messaging, engagement and the preferences across multiple social media brand and property platforms.
- Helps research and connect with bloggers and influencers
- Creates strategic campaigns and publishes content for MY SISTER brand and properties across the company.
- Manage social content calendar with input from MY SISTER team.
- Ideates and creates content for various channels through the use of photography, video and creative storytelling/copywriting.
- Identifies appropriate timeline for posting, engaging and optimizing content specific to each social media platform.
- Implements content publication utilizing keywords, campaign tags, platforms, competitor analysis. * Manages the day-to-day messaging, monitoring and moderation of multiple social media platforms.
- Serves as brand expert on sexual exploitation and sex trafficking issues as they pertain to the MY SISTER mission and responds to related interactions with knowledge and tact * Provides regular updates and reporting, ensuring performance goals are being met and providing recommendations when necessary.
- Manage and optimize social advertising campaigns on an as needed basis * Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- 3+ years of experience working in social media at an agency or brand
- Degree in marketing, communications, social media or something similar
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong interest in fashion and design aesthetics
- Graphic design basics and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Innovative, performance driven and a strong ability to leverage relationships
- Experience with photography + video content creation
- Up on current pop-culture topics, fashion and mainstream trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires that ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to jobs at mysister.org.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minneapolis, MN
- Social Media: 3 years
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years