Position Purpose: The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of effective PR and communication strategies designed to build awareness and generate enthusiasm for Ordway programs and activities among the media, key stakeholders, and the general public.
- Posting Date: 2/28/2017
- Closing Date: 3/28/2017
- Employee Type: Full-time
- Department: Marketing
- Reports to: Public Relations Manager
- Drive social media efforts to support and meet Ordway goals.
- Provide administrative support to PR Manager to ensure PR goals are being met.
- Coordinate and assist in the creation and development of PR, media relations and communications materials which effectively communicate the Ordway’s mission, promote Ordway productions and events, and support all other Ordway programming.
- Assist in distribution of PR and communications materials and messages to ensure positive media coverage of Ordway events and news.
- Lead and inspire interns, resulting in the motivation of high-performing interns which meet the Ordway’s business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, or related field
- One-two years’ social media experience executing branded content with proven ability to grow followers/engagement
- Knowledge of social media channels and best practices
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
- Strong writing and editing skills with understanding of PR writing basics
- Familiarity with AP Style and Chicago Style, with experience writing in a “brand voice”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
Applicants will need to create a username and password to apply online, if you have previously registered you can login with your established credentials.