Real Appeal is a proprietary, 52-week intensive lifestyle intervention program that focuses on helping participants lose weight and maintain weight loss. Our goal is to mitigate or prevent obesity related issues such as pre-diabetes, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. The program is delivered live over the Internet and combines entertaining and educational videos, live virtual coaching and online group participation. We sell our program directly to insurers/payers (Fortune 500 companies), who then offer it as a free benefit to employees.
- Works with leader of Marketing & Communications to develop and produce Real Appeal’s PR & Communications strategy and plan.
- Recommends, plans, and executes media relations strategies, in conjunction with agencies, to build Real Appeal’s reputation as a differentiated thought leader to industry and news outlets.
- Writes and assists with articles for external publications and press releases.
- Secures a meaningful Thought Leadership conference calendar and provides briefings to CEO for each presentation.
- Develops professional, well-polished and engaging presentations for external needs as well as key messages and talking points for various conference agendas.
- Achieves ongoing earned media impressions in both local and national publications.
- Serves as champion of brand’s voice and value story. Ensuring messaging across the organization is consistent and remains true to value story and messaging architecture.
- Drafts content for a variety of written channels and serves as reviewer of messaging across the team.
- Responsible for managing editorial calendar of topics and proof points that supports Real Appeal’s value story to target audiences.
- Guides editorial content strategy for external communications and digital channels (e.g. website and social media). Collaborating with video production team to produce content that substantiates Real Appeal’s differentiators.
- Develops appropriate talking points that address clients’ and members’ understanding of the Real Appeal program.
- Assisting with other projects as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations - post-graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant PR, Communications or Social Media experience
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare industry
- 2+ years’ experience working in B2B environment
- External communications experience, including writing public relation plans and press releases, as well as writing white papers
- Superb writing and editing skills and a strong sense of storytelling
- Candidate must be able to provide writing samples
- Experience measuring and reporting on communications effectiveness
- Core skills/attributes include: Self-driven, problem solving, business acumen, strategic thinking, results focused, good communication, relationships oriented, comfortable with shifting gears, collaborative in working with other business functions
- Proven ability to navigate large matrixed organizations
- Ability to be in the Twin Cities office at least 3 days a week
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN
- healthcare industry: 2 years
- relevant PR, Communications or Social Media: 8 years
- B2B: 2 years