Job Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
More information about this job:
The PR/Communications Intern will work with the PR/Communications team to develop and implement aspects of public relations projects that support strategic business and marketing objectives.
- Working within the broader Public Relations/Communications team to assist with a wide variety of projects, to include, but not limited to:
- Support the development of media materials, including news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, media pitch documents
- Employee communications materials
- Conduct research projects that support the development of materials, including fact sheets, media statements and FAQs
- Assist with media relations: follow-up with key media, prepare background information
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university; must be at a Junior or Senior level student
- Working towards completion of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, English, graphics, web design, communications or related field.
- Previous internship experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Aptitude for learning new technologies and systems
- Interest in retail a plus
Internship goal timing: 20-40 hours per week from June 25, 2017 to August 25, 2017