Who we are:
Audacious. Ingenious. Real. If that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in. Olson Engage a new breed of agency, purpose-built for marketing’s new realities. And Engage knows how to get attention—and how to wield it. Don’t take our word for it: PR Week says we’re “a model for creativity, growth and client service.” And we’ve spent the last 12 years proving that the right idea, well executed, can boost awareness, drive sales and inspire stakeholders for some of the most admired brands and companies anywhere.
Who we’re looking for:
Olson Engage is seeking a highly creative, energetic and ambitious media-relations expert to join our fast-growing, fun-loving and award-winning Minneapolis office. The media-relations supervisor will work with account teams to build and execute compelling media strategies for a variety of leading food-and-beverage, consumer-product and lifestyle brands. The role involves collaboration across multiple account teams, as well as Olson Engage’s dynamic offices in Chicago,, Denver and New York.
What you’ll get to do/have:
· A proven ability to develop and execute a wide variety of media strategies for consumer-lifestyle, corporate and public affairs clients.
· Experience advising and implementing real-time media-strategies to insert brands organically into pop culture moments.
· Experience leading research, planning and development of comprehensive media-relations programs.
· A proven ability to develop and present strategy for new-business and client presentations.
· A natural curiosity and passion for emerging trends, pop culture, insights and new ways of marketing and reaching the consumer media our influencers.
· Strong consumer-media contacts.
· Experience and desire to do and teach.
· Excitement about the ability to not just pitch stories, but shape them (through influence over content- and message development).
· A collaborative nature and a willingness to elevate media-relations across the agency through mentoring and counsel.
· An insatiable appetite for news and information. (Constantly plugged in to traditional and emerging news sources.)
· A willingness to take risks and a desire to help our clients win.
· A solid understanding of account service.
· A comfort level with a fast-paced, evolving environment.
· A great teammate.
· Cultural contributor [i.e. someone who would be fun to grab a drink and/or coffee with]
· A champion of great work
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must have at least 5-10 years’ experience generating top tier media coverage, preferably within an agency environment
- Proven management and leadership skills as well as the ability to counsel on media relations strategy and the evolving media landscape
- Bachelor degree, preferably in, public relations, communications or journalism
- Experience working across integrated agency teams
- Very creative appetite
- Ability to travel is required
ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)