Responsibilities:Northland Community and Technical College is seeking a Communications/Digital Media Coordinator, campus location to be determined with successful candidate. The Communications/Digital Media Coordinator must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and press releases, web and other related print marketing and promotional material.
Individual will be responsible for ensuring that content projects of all kinds are completed on schedule and meet their stated goals. Some evening and weekend hours may be required in support of special projects and events.
- Two years of para-professional experience, OR an equivalent combination of post-secondary training, education and/or experience, that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the area of digital media communications across a wide variety of electronic media.
- Creative and analytic thinking skills.
- In-depth knowledge of communication strategies and processes, including strong familiarity with social media strategies, tools and platforms.
- Ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of role of culture in a diverse multicultural workplace.
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Video and photo production skills sufficient to provide visual content for publications and web.
- Working knowledge of social media including Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Understanding of basic principles of marketing and ability to produce creative, original, compelling, brand compliant content and marketing materials that are audience appropriate.
- Familiarity with design and content aesthetics/functions specific to Web and electronic media.
- Ability to manage time, operate efficiently, meet deadlines for all types of production, maintain several projects at once and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work closely with Director of Marketing, Communications and Enrollment to develop high quality electronic communications that enhance marketing, public relations and internal communication efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, social media, marketing or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proficiency in web analytics including but not limited to Google Analytics.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Ability to vary tone and language based on medium and target audience.
Application Procedure:Please apply online at http://mn.gov/mmb/careers. Reference Job ID 12580. State of Minnesota employees may apply via Self Serv. Paper applications will not be accepted. Applicants are encouraged to upload a resume as a Word document file and copy and paste a cover letter when completing the application process.
The Recruiting Solutions online application system also collects work preference information to match candidate interests with future openings.
for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for
the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees which can be found
- For additional information regarding Northland Community and Technical College, please refer to the college website: