As part of Sleep Number’s corporate communications team, the Communications Specialist will work closely with the employee communications manager, and provide support to members of the public relations team by:
- Developing, managing and executing comprehensive and innovative communication plans that drive employee engagement for a wide range of initiatives.
- Delivering written and visual content across a variety of mediums, including internal editorial channels and a digital platform that allows employees to share curated content via social media.
- Supporting public relations strategies that increase awareness and consideration for Sleep Number products and corporate priorities.
- Communication planning and consulting: develop, manage and execute communication plans and programs that translate complex ideas into concise communications that tell a cohesive story, engage employees and inspire action.
- Excellent writing: Write clear and compelling stories and other communication materials for internal and external audiences.
- Channel management: write, format/design and publish communications, including a bi-weekly all-employee e-newsletter, intranet content and building monitor displays reaching multiple locations.
- Content management: manage the editorial calendar and distribution logistics for companywide communications, and work with partners to identify opportunities to cross-leverage content internally and externally.
- Social advocacy program management: manage content and user-adoption strategies for an employee social media program.
- Research: Conduct research by collecting data and insights to inform a thoughtful and strategic communications approach.
- Relationship management: build relationships and collaborate with key internal and external partners, subject matter experts and leadership to ensure the right audiences receive the right information at the right time.
- Public relations support: manage daily media monitoring report and assist with other public relations activities, including writing, event support and strategic planning.
- 3-5 years communications, marketing, Public Relations and/or social media related background required
- Agency experience preferred, but not required
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, integrated marketing, social media, or liberal arts degree.
- Exhibits strong writing skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and influence decisions with tact and confidence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, results-oriented environment where priorities are constantly shifting.
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration to contribute to a positive workplace.
- Able to handle highly sensitive information and situations effectively.
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, solve problems, be flexible, and work independently.
- Able to identify and follow a set timeline for approvals and distribution of content.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and social media channels.