The Event Manager will develop objectives and strategies for the overall effectiveness and execution of marketing events, such as trade shows and/or customer related events. You will manage and execute projects and marketing plans intended to maximize company exposure and produce sales leads. Determine show participation and calendar of events. Work with internal/external resources to obtain needed materials and services. Determine selection and training of staff. Direct exhibit design program including production. Negotiate contracts and manages relationships with outside vendors. Prepare ROI evaluations of events
Events include, but are not limited to industry related national tradeshows, sales meetings, focus groups, internal meetings and special corporate events.
- Manage the planning, logistics and execution of all details for national industry tradeshows, internal and external meetings and events.
- Sourcing: Hotel selection, event venues
- Contract negotiations: Hotel rooms/meeting space, food and beverage selections, arrangements for audio visual service, transportation, etc.
- Vendor management and staffing.
- Partnering with internal stakeholder to lead the planning meetings/calls & deliverable updates
- Manage budget reporting, including budget tracking, invoices, reconciliation of programs, contracts, and permits, all team briefings/debriefings, metrics tracking.
- 5+ years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the events industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant applicable experience
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate deadlines and deliverables, and manage complex timelines, particularly among cross-functional groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrate strong strategic, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Can successfully negotiate and manage 3rd party relationships
- Demonstrates budget and financial management with every project assigned.
- Demonstrates decisiveness when needed and embodies grace under pressure.
- Thrives on collaboration, problem solving and accomplishing shared goals in a team environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to comfortably articulate oneself to decision makers at a variety of levels.
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams to achieve project goals and deliverables.
- Able to work independently, requiring little direction
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Tech. and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is "best-in-class" because we're committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com