We are seeking an outstanding Marketing Director to lead strategy and marketing execution for the Global Dairy Farm and Processing segment in the Food and Beverage division of Ecolab. This is a newly created $650M segment that brings together 2 related segments to drive exponential value in food safety and responsible resource management across our customer’s dairy supply chain, from grass to glass. The successful candidate will provide business and P&L leadership for this segment by marrying our traditional strengths in science and service with our future in Digital to deliver accelerated growth in a fast-paced, global environment. This is an exciting opportunity for the right leader to unleash growth in F&B’s largest segment while growing personally and professionally. This position is full-time, based in our St Paul, MN offices.
1.Establish short and long-term Global strategic plans and programs for the Dairy Farm and Processing segment, resulting in accelerated sales and profit growth.
2.Partner closely with Regional Marketing, Global/Corporate Accounts, RD&E, and Digital Solutions to lead development of deep market and customer insights. Be the expert in the segment, including size, growth rates, key drivers, key customers, competitive landscape, risk factors, technologies, etc. Employ a range of qualitative (customer meetings, sales feedback, etc.) and quantitative (analytics, market research, surveys, etc.) methods to understand, articulate and prioritize the needs and opportunities of the Dairy segment and strategic customers.
3.Lead the synthesis of fact-based market, customers, and internal business insights to clearly identify and prioritize segment strategies (short- and long-term) to maximize market penetration and profitability. Exploit opportunities and address competitive threats, and clearly communicate, prioritize and close gaps in our offering and value proposition to the segment.
4.Lead the development of sustainable, compelling and unique value proposition and multi-year innovation roadmap for the segment. Integrate products, service, and digital capabilities into holistic outcome-focused programs that present a coherent, compelling, and highly differentiated value proposition to the customer and ensures a sustainable competitive advantage for Ecolab.
5.Lead and develop value-based pricing strategies based on a deep and thorough understanding of both the value created and delivered to the customer as well as the competitive offering.
6.Partner with the Global Product Portfolio Manager to streamline and optimize an industry-leading and highly profitable product line for the segment.
7.Document the multi-year segment strategy to achieve division and functional goals and communicate it to senior management and key stakeholders to build their understanding of the segment and gain the necessary support to execute the strategy.
8.Partner with Marketing Communications, Regional Marketing and Global/ Corporate Accounts to develop and implement a comprehensive communication and promotion plans which communicate our value proposition to the CAMs/GAMs/sales teams and customers in a compelling way and builds a strong Ecolab brand in the segment. These may include marketing collateral, training, conferences, digital presence, value calculators, product selectors, etc.
9.Lead and be accountable for outstanding strategic execution to deliver on key milestones and sales targets. Ensure only the critical few high-value projects are being worked on to fully deliver on the value proposition for the segment. Track and report vital KPIs.
10.Lead and develop a high-performing team of Marketing associates, including ongoing performance feedback and coaching, setting objectives and development plans, training, annual performance appraisals to ensure associate development and the attainment of operating objectives. Build a culture of strong engagement, accountability and high performance.
11.Develop and nurture quality partnerships between and across all Ecolab divisions, and utilize those relationships to obtain new business, exchange leads, coordinate sales to national accounts and solve problems
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 8+ years marketing/professional experience
Education or Professional Certifications:
- Business-to-business marketing experience, particularly with highly technical products and service in an industrial setting.
- Broad set of strategic and tactical marketing capabilities
- Strategic Thinking: Must have excellent capacity and the creative energy to collect and synthesize market, technical, and business insights into outstanding strategies that delight the customer and significantly outpace the competition.
- Execution: Must have strong track record of executing strategies. Must have strong project management skills to flawlessly execute multiple projects across various functions and locations and seamlessly deliver the target value proposition to customers.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Must be a natural collaborator with a preference for working with cross-regional, cross-functional teams to champion the vision and deliver results on tight timelines.
- Influencing Skills: Strong organizational savvy and interpersonal skills to navigate complex matrix organization to influence key stakeholders in various functions and regions. Strong ability to drive new concepts and ideas without having direct control. Must be confident enough to constructively challenge peers and executives on their approach and thinking.
- Communication: Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both within and outside the business.
Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook facebook.com/ecolab, or LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/ecolab.