As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Marketing Communications at General Mills provides integrated marketing services including: promotions, public relations, social media, licensing, customer promotion marketing, and more. Our purpose is to serve the business by creating brand building ideas and remarkable executions that transform into profitable growth.
As a member of the General Mills Marketing Communications team you will not only receive exposure to the consumer products industry, you’ll learn how to build effective integrated marketing campaigns and stronger brand equities. By acting as a key liaison between Marketing, Sales, internal and external partners and agencies, you’ll develop a broad network of effective working relationships all while working on the world’s best-loved brands.
In this role you will be responsible for flawless execution of the media plan to support the Yoplait yogurt businesses. This starts with being part of the team to shape a consumer-led Connections Strategy to create that media plan – all based on deep understanding of where and when our target consumer is most receptive to the message. In addition, you will manage the complexity of ensuring “the right content is placed in the right context” both at the onset and then optimizing that content throughout the campaign.
Connections Strategy & Planning
- Work with the team to develop the consumer first communications Strategy and plans for the brand(s) – how, where and when we will best reach them aligning it to the insights of the target consumer
- Team point with Media agency – guide the development of holistic plan that delivers on the goals of the business for the media plan to achieve, ensure flawless execution, amplification of the best opportunities and reoccurring optimization of plans
- Partner with media agency and team to develop and recommend tactical plans based on communications Strategy
- Contribute to briefs that inspire agency partners to create meaningful ideas rooted in consumer truths and insights
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, issues and best practices across media channels
Execution of Tactical Plans
- Working with internal counterparts and agency to ensure that content developed is flawlessly trafficked to correct media vehicles such as:
- Paid Digital
- Paid Social
- Key contributor to media budget management
- Capture and monitor media spend for easy share-out across organization
- Ensures brand consistency across communications channels
- Align teams on creative and content needs of plans
Optimization of Tactics
- Monitor tactic performance and be able to analyze performance and optimize quickly, re-trafficking content or switching media buy parameters when appropriate – close partnership with Media Agency and internal monitoring throughout course of the campaign
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in Media – managing media plans and placing content
- Experience with targeting on social
- Experience digital analytics – analyzing performance of content, especially in social and digital
- Experience with search – development of plans and optimization
- Experience with website development and basic knowledge of site updates
- Prefer experience with TV, Radio and Print
- Experience building integrated media plans
- Strong people skills and collaboration skills – specifically with integrated teams that include agencies
- Strong organizations skills and detail orientation, Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Agency experience a plus
- National brand experience
- CPG industry experience preferred