We are hiring a Sr. Communications Specialist who will contribute to Medtronic’s growth and success by assisting in developing and managing effective external and internal communications for the Cardiac Rhythm & Heart Failure (CRHF) Division. You will have the opportunity to handle multiple aspects of public relations, including media and community relations, as well as issues, crisis management and employee communications.
You will work as part of the CRHF Communications Team, as well as other internal business partners, external consultants, and communications personnel across Medtronic, to assist in developing and managing strategic communications aligned with organizational goals and business objectives.
You will help with managing relationships with internal partners from functional areas including marketing, legal, regulatory, clinical, R&D and human resources. You also will help develop and execute proactive public relations plans to support these partners – sometimes with the support of external consultants. This role will also give you the opportunity to develop and implement internal communications plans to support CRHF vision, strategies and employee engagement.
Public Relations and Internal Communications;
• Direct the planning, preparation and distribution of news releases, and other multi-media press materials.
• Serve as a spokesperson and liaison to the news media, and elsewhere as required, at the direction of the Sr. Director of Communications for Cardiac and Vascular and/or Vice President of Cardiac and Vascular Group Communications.
• Foster broad-based awareness of Medtronic’s leadership position with important audiences through media relations and other communications initiatives.
• Develop key messages and ensure that all media materials reflect Medtronic’s positioning and messaging.
• Provide counsel and support to internal business partners within various functional areas regarding media planning, media coverage, media-related activities, issues management and crisis planning and communications.
• Effectively manage agency and vendor relationships.
• Work with CVG PR staff to develop strategic, proactive PR and communications plans and budgets and leverage cost efficiencies.
• Work with CVG internal communications staff to coordinate overall PR and communications plans and leverage cost efficiencies.
• Participate in developing methods of measuring the effectiveness of PR / communications programs.
• Implement the internal communications strategic plan, including designing communications programs and campaigns to support key business strategies.
• Work with subject matter experts on writing, editing and securing necessary approvals to ensure accurate and effective communications for various e-newsletters, websites and other channels as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years in a Public Relations or Communications role in a corporate or agency environment (3 years with Masters)
• Media relations experience including new, traditional & social media
• Project management experience involving varied initiatives/programs
• Experience in shaping communications strategies and implementing programs
• Bachelor's in Liberal Arts, Communications, Journalism
• Previous Medtronic, medical device or healthcare industry experience
• Experience writing communications to and for key internal and external audiences
• Strong business and media writing skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Experience with client service and desire to work as part of a team
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.