Life Time champions a healthy and happy life for our Members and Team Members across 127 destinations in 36 major markets with our fastest growth ahead. As we begin our 26th year of changing lives, we need to ensure our Team Members are our strongest and most passionate brand promoters and that our stories are shared through a variety of media channels. We’re on a mission to find an astute, gritty and hybrid Communications Manager who can drive and support both our employee and external communications strategy.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for serving as a strategic business partner throughout Life Time including our Companies Inside businesses, executive leadership, IT, HR and Club teams to develop and implement communication strategies that achieve their needs accordingly while maintaining an ongoing focus on growing our business.
This person will daily connect with our team members nationwide with the information they need to do their jobs and continue building our great culture. They also will connect with external audiences, primarily media, to promote our company mission, resort-like destinations, programs and great people, and the lives we positively change every day.
- Work with Internal Communications team to collaboratively advise Companies Inside owners, senior leadership and other critical Life Time departments on the right content, timing and vehicles to ensure team members are in the know, inspired and empowered to meet our goals.
- Serve as the lead for our company intranet and drive engagement and usage across all groups, while acting as the liaison with our IT team to ensure alignment.
- Create and maintain our team member editorial content strategy, supporting the brand, mission and company growth, while simultaneously strengthening and amplifying the Life Time brand and our Companies Inside.
- Develop and maintain monthly reporting and dashboards and use employee feedback, metrics and data to drive improvements to communications initiatives.
- Work with Public Relations team to manage media relations efforts including determining media targets, executing plans and pitches, handling incoming media relations and coordinating and conducting interviews.
- Serve as the lead for our company newsroom and other online tools to drive media engagement and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6-8 years of specific internal communications and public relations experience.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field.
- Experience designing and executing creative and engaging communications campaigns geared toward internal/employee audiences, including video creation and execution.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with media reporters and editors.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments, and to work with colleagues across North America.
- Portfolio demonstrating range of communications from strategy plans to editorial direction, creation of team member voice and consumer brand messaging.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface all levels, internal and external.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Energetic, inspired, self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Highly detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions, implement sound decisions and provide results measurement.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of standard Microsoft programs, Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Photoshop.