- JOB SPECIFICS
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in Social Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Journalism, or related discipline AND three years professional experience with various social media platforms.
A background check and valid driver license are required.RESPONSIBILITIES: Washington County Library is looking for a Social Media Specialist to help create the library of the future. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, and a passion for social media. Tasks include: managing all library social media accounts; developing and running social media campaigns; creating original content for various social media platforms; responding to customer questions and comments; utilizing social listening to manage customer concerns; and monitoring and evaluating the library's social media efforts and impacts.DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of work experience developing social media campaigns across various platforms
- At least one year of work experience using social media analytics tools to measure, track, and analyze data
- Professional experience responding to customers via social media
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY--AN ATTACHED, WRITTEN RESPONSE IS REQUIRED AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to a resume, a written supplemental attachment will be required to complete your application for this position. The attachment will be used in combination with the complete application materials to determine who will be selected for an in-person interview. In one (1) page or less, you will describe the strategies you would use to increase followers and engagement on Washington County Library's social media platforms.
HOURS / DAYS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Work schedules (hours and days) and location are subject to change based on department needs.ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $24.26 - $28.75/hour
- JOB SUMMARY
- A social media specialist develops and
implements social media activities through various social media
platforms in collaboration with overall department and county
communication. The work involves planning, coordinating, and
implementing social media projects and activities with internal and
external stakeholders. Activities can vary from developing, executing,
and evaluating a social media plan; publishing original content tailored
to different social media platforms; and creating and maintaining an
interactive, engaged online community.
- EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's
Degree in Social Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations,
English, Journalism, or related discipline AND three years professional
experience with various social media platforms.
A background check and valid driver license are required.
CORE COMPETENCIES, JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL JOB PERFORMANCE
Core Competencies outline essential business and professional traits necessary to perform this job.
- Promotes a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how different social media platforms work and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on each platform.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media trends and social analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, implement, and evaluate social media strategies.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, oversee, and collaborate with staff on social media strategies and approaches for various topics and audiences; ensure communication is in accordance with county policy guidelines.
- Generate, edit, and publish original content and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and engagement.
- Plan and manage social media events and projects to promote and inform the public about events, resources, and other efforts.
- Work with appropriate vendors in social media management, design, advertising, and contracted photography and video; manage consultant/contractor social media contracts in coordination with project managers.
- Interview employees, stakeholders, and community partners to generate social media content for internal and external audiences.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of social media strategies; ensure message accuracy, analyze, and make recommendations.
- Provide appropriate annual department budget recommendations to carry out social media plans.
- Work with internal and external community partners on social media message and tool development through meeting facilitation, focus groups, or key informant interviews.
- Establish effective working relationships with department staff, Washington County employees, local and regional partners, media, area businesses, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is sedentary in nature performed within the Government Center or satellite offices. There is a lifting requirement of 15 - 20 pounds on an occasional basis. There may be frequent wrist and finger manipulation due to high concentration of filing, compiling, calculating, or computer work. No special physical effort or ability is required to perform the work. Most work is performed in a normal office environment.
Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above, but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.
This job description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and level of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The County retains the discretion to add or change the contents of this job description at any time.
- Washington County (MN)
14949 62nd Street North
Stillwater, Minnesota, 55082.