Job Summary: The Events & Sales Manager is responsible for generating new and maintaining existing private dining guests. Responsible for booking and working all on site events directly. Ensures a flawless guest experience and works to build all new and existing private dining events. In addition this role is responsible for working in collaboration with the restaurant management teams to oversee all marketing initiatives and manages the LSM effort and employees.
- Manages all marketing and sales for all private events (including catered events) for assigned location(s),
- Develops and manages pipeline of prospects for private events, identifies prospects, responds to inquiries, networks and conducts outreach with prospects and customers, including key influencers at hotels, convention and visitor bureaus, chambers, retail outlets, office buildings and condo/apartment buildings.
- Actively pursues and books all private events.
- Manages contracts from start to finish, including negotiating appropriate food and beverage minimums and scheduling and preparing appropriate contracts.
- Manages customers’ requests and requirements and presents and negotiates ideas and solutions; customizes event to meet guest needs and requirements, including food and bar menus, pricing, room set-up needs and billing.
- Serves as primary contact with guests throughout the process and as the face of the Company to private event customers and guests.
- Remains in contact with customer prior, during and after all private events to create a personal, one on one, experience.
- Attends all private events for the location(s) to supervise events and ensure satisfaction at all levels of execution.
- Directs and manages scheduled restaurant staff in the set-up of private events.
- Directs, manages and coaches staff throughout private events to ensure excellent delivery.
- Coordinates with all restaurant management (GM, FOH and HOH) to ensure that customer and guest needs and requirements are met and experience is excellent.Main Phone # 952-215-0660. Fax # 952-215-0661
- Granite City Food & Brewery ® and Cadillac Ranch? 3600 American Blvd W, Suite 400, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Manages private event business, including through proper record keeping of events, contract usage, appropriate payment and other records.
- Manages all overall marketing functions of the location(s); including directing implementation of marketing calendars and marketing programs and changes and overseeing the Marketing AOR (Areas of Responsibility) for the location(s). ? Supervises Local Store Marketer activities (LSM) at each location.
- Ability to consistently personally attend events and meetings as appropriate to job responsibilities outlined above.
- Required knowledge of private dining, banquet and event operations required. 3 years in previous sales experience in a restaurant or hotel operation preferred.
- Ability to professionally present promotional materials and effectively communicate and coordinate all staff.
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong sales building abilities and brand advocacy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to provide superior hospitality to our guests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and hospitality group sales experience preferred.
- Prior sales/event planning management experience preferred.