We are the magical Merlin Entertainments!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at SEA LIFE Aquarium Minnesota!
About The Role
The PR Manager, SEA LIFE & LEGOLAND Discovery Centers North America will work closely with Regional and Local Marketing Teams, to implement PR plan and campaigns, as well as create positioning and messaging to secure media coverage. You will serve as the project manager for strategic-initiatives and tactics that promote SEA LIFE and LEGOLAND Discovery Center joint seasonal and special events (i.e. Mother’s Day, Halloween Events, Holiday Specials).
- Develop and implement the annual PR strategy for SL and LDC brand and attractions in North America.
- Working with PR agencies and local Marketing teams you will develop and execute PR initiatives that support customer growth and brand awareness for SL and LDC brands
- Proactively develop media angles, ensuring optimum coverage for the brand – sell in stories to national, regional, local, broadcast, lifestyle, online & social media titles
- Ensure the brand/ messaging is delivered consistently and all content is managed appropriately through all PR/ social media activities within the market.
- Lead in shaping key messaging, including press plan development and press release writing
- Collaborate with product development teams on product priorities for maximum PR exposure, campaigns and social media
- With support from regional and local teams, brief and manage the deliverables for all PR agencies within the region.
- Manage the allocated annual PR budget, including raising POs and vendor invoice payment
- Compiling, analyzing and distributing clip reports for core campaigns, with support from PR agencies
- Build strong relationships with top-tier media and key strategic audiences and pitch them on coverage opportunities to promote SL and LDC attractions and the overall brands.
- Coordinate and facilitate media requests, interviews and photo shoots with relevant spokespeople
- Manage and coordinate PR events as needed, with support of local attraction teams
- Develop photography and videography briefs for asset creation
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to integrate and deliver social media content needs across all PR campaigns
- Develop external communication, including press releases, fact sheets and other press materials Provide PR and communications counsel to the greater team
Four-year college degree required
Family entertainment industry background preferred
PR, media relations or journalism background required
Social media and influencers outreach experience a plus
5+ years PR/Communications experience
Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Clear understanding of public relations, media relations and press release writing
Knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, English usage
Flexible, self-starter who is detail oriented
Relevant media knowledge and contacts
Available to travel 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree. Majors in business, marketing, communications and/or advertising preferred.
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
SEA LIFE is the world’s biggest aquarium. From sharks to sea turtles, and jellyfish to seahorses, SEA LIFE Aquarium showcases over 10,000 sea creatures worldwide.
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We offer flexible opportunities, in a totally unique environment. We know this is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it…click here to see us in action!
SEA LIFE Minnesota
120 East Broadway Bloomington,
Minnesota MN 55425