As a social media specialist, you will be part of a team that creates and executes Thrivent’s enterprise social media strategy. In this role, you will help develop social media campaigns for the enterprise. You will also partner with business units to ensure Thrivent’ social media guidelines are followed in order to enhance and protect the reputation of the organization and its affiliates. The position will report to the Director of External Relations within the Corporate Affairs function at Thrivent.
What you get to do:
- Develop and implement social media campaigns and advertising.
- Write and edit social media posts for various social media channels.
- Develop posting calendars for social media sites, sharing relevant information with Thrivent’s various business units.
- Develop monitoring processes and tool configurations to evaluate and report the effectiveness of social media strategies.
- Advise internal business partners on social media best practices.
- Monitor social media platforms for mentions of Thrivent that may impact reputation, programs and activities.
- Draft and coordinate social media responses to ensure Thrivent members and other have a positive experience with the organization through social media.
Traits we value:
- Curiosity – You ask thoughtful questions and seek to learn.
- Creativity – You bring energy and interest to a sometimes technical field.
- Persuasion - You have the ability to influence others without authority.
- Communication – You bring superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment – You are motivated and disciplined, able to meet strict deadlines.
- Judgement – You discern potential issues and exercise good judgement to make decisions.
Requirements – must haves:
- 2+ year of successful social media platform management experience.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms; familiarity of business communications use of platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business.
- Experience translating complex subjects into consumer-friendly social media posts.
- Experience working with data sets, developing queries, configuring systems to produce insights and results.
- Experience with advertising as it relates to social media.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Creative production skills, such as Adobe CS.
Nice to have:
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience working in both a corporate and agency setting.
- Knowledge of working with digital media.