YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
The Event Coordinator organizes and facilitates special events and functions. The incumbent partners with leadership, board committee members, community organizations, staff, volunteers and external resources to achieve desired results.
This position reports to the Executive Director or Program Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with board committees, community leaders, branch/camp management, staff and volunteers. The incumbent provides work direction to event planning staff, committees and volunteers.
Ability to travel to various locations.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. to support event set-up and tear-down.
Ability to work 12+ hour shifts on event days and be on-call as needed.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from Branch/Camp Leadership or their designee in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience coordinating special events, fundraisers, or meetings preferably on behalf of a non-profit or mission-driven organization.
Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously.
Ability to command the respect of volunteers, donors, professional leaders in the community, and YMCA staff.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience speaking to groups.
Ability to represent the Y with a high level of professionalism.
Capable of working independently and as member of a team.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Access to reliable transportation.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Organize, coordinate, execute and follow up on all types of events which may include but is not limited to retreats, meetings, conferences, groups, weddings, seminars, and committee meetings.
- Meet with and work closely with leadership, sponsors and organizing committees to determine objectives and requirements for events, plan scope and format, review administrative procedures and may establish and monitor budget.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
- Evaluate and select providers of services according to event requirements.
- Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
- Organize registration of event participants.
- Maintain an event calendar for location.
- Train and give work direction to volunteers and support staff required for events.
- Represent the YMCA inthe community and at community events.