The Salt Group Communications Specialist will work with an integrated Corporate Affairs team to shape and execute communications strategies that support Cargill’s purpose and performance. Working with the Salt Group leadership team and Salt Group Communications Manager, the person will coordinate internal communications including enewsletters, leadership communication, video, intranet copy and other content. The role will also manage targeted external communications by running point on media inquiries, developing social media content, helping develop leadership presentations and supporting Cargill’s corporate responsibility efforts.
50% - Develop internal communications content including enewsletters, leadership updates, video, intranet content and other communications for office-based and plant-based employees across the United States. Measure the impact of internal communications and recalibrate approach based on internal feedback.
25% - Support external communications by assisting with media relations for Cargill Salt Group locations, developing external speaking content and statements, creating social media content, supporting the Group’s corporate responsibility efforts and supporting other Corporate Affairs initiatives.
20% - Partner with Cargill Protein and Salt Enterprise Communication Leader to provide a wide range of project management and communications services to deliver enterprise communications successfully across a variety of channels. Specifically, work with the Enterprise on planning and delivering Enterprise town hall events, providing counsel on agenda, strategic messages, and post-event feedback analysis. Additionally, work with Enterprise communications team to provide summaries of the events for Group/Business newsletters, intranet sites and other channels.
5% - Provide support for coordinating meetings, advancing communication and driving alignment across the Cargill Protein and Salt Enterprise. Develop content and manage logistics that support’s the overall Enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, public relations, marketing communications or related field.
• Two years of experience working in a communications or related role
• Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Self-starter and effective problem-solver
• Strong team player in a cross-functional, global setting
• Ability to influence stakeholders, including leaders; strong interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking capability and business acumen
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Desktop video editing and basic design skills
• Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SharePoint
• Media relations experience and familiarity with AP writing style
• Multicultural sensitivity
• Ability to manage multiple projects with focus on execution and implementation
• Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
• Video editing skills
• Experience with living and/or working outside of the United States
• Experience building, publishing and managing SharePoint sites
• Experience working with large, complex organizations
• Comfort with networking and building relationships