Location: Minneapolis, MN (Northeast)
Do you have a passion for doing meaningful work, a strong desire to never stop learning, and an insatiable curiosity about the future of technology and communications?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Our approach to social media combines all of this and more. We understand that managing a branded social presence takes more than a college student with a smartphone, or access to the leading software tools—it takes insight, foresight, and the ability to make an impact from a business standpoint.
We manage up-and-coming and century-old brands alike, in a way that blends engaging content with data-driven digital advertising, and authentic two-way communication. We’ve spent the past six years developing a proprietary process for managing social media on behalf of brands, and we think you’ll find it refreshing.
Account Manager Position
The Account Manager serves as a liaison between our clients and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our services to meet client needs. Account Managers pay close attention to talent allocation, resource coordination, and task completion required across given projects.
As an Account Manager at The Social Lights® you will:
- Direct the daily activities of one or more Community Managers to ensure proper agency service; holding them responsible for sound, proper, and timely execution of all assigned work
- Provide consistent direction and motivation to direct reports in successfully managing all aspects of a project from concept development to completion
- Oversee content development and reporting to ensure quality, consistency, timeliness, and brand fit
- Manage the agency’s day-to-day relationship with client contacts; operate as point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients
- Foster clear and effective communication between the client and agency
- Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders clearly and thoroughly
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Assist with high severity requests and issue escalations as they arise
- Seek opportunities to enhance agency capabilities and build new competencies
- Demonstrate personal leadership in client relations and in internal administration of accounts
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop estimates and proposals (including renewals and a la carte requests), participating in pitches and presentations as needed
- Identify development potential in accounts by studying current business operations, interviewing key personnel, identifying and evaluating additional needs, and analyzing new opportunities
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accommodating new and different client requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to current and prospective accounts
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Ability to interpret and explain key social media metrics and trends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on client needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and delivery deadlines
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working on a team and managing people. S/he has a passion for all aspects of social – from content planning to social data analysis. S/he is highly creative, passionate, self-motivated, and socially active. S/he finds innovative ways to solve problems and manage multiple tasks at any given time. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to work on-site with clients when necessary. Special consideration will be given to individuals with extensive experience using social media software tools and managing social media advertising campaigns.
Minimum of 3 years in a social media/marketing role.
If you think you’d be a good fit for The Social Lights® Account Manager position, send your resume + cover letter + salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Account Manager – Your Name” no later than 5:00pm on December 15, 2017.