As a lead communications consultant, this individual contributor will develop and execute external communications strategies for Wells Fargo’s Deposit Products Group, which has responsibility for products and services that form the core of Wells Fargo’s relationships with customers, including checking and savings accounts, debit and prepaid cards and Global Remittance Services. The person in this role also will work closely with communications colleagues to plan and pursue proactive storytelling for Wells Fargo’s Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team, such as in support of the Zelle peer-to-peer payments service, among other innovations. This highly visible position is open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint and does not offer relocation assistance.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Lead external communications and national media relations for Deposit Products Group, and develop and maintain solid working relationships with corporate, regional and multicultural communications teams.
- Serve as a trusted and strategic counselor providing reputation and issues management, and crisis communications.
- Develop strategic responses to media inquiries and provide heads-up notifications to leaders.
- Create and implement strategic communications plans that incorporate multiple channels – including external, internal, media, social, executive and owned – to tell and amplify our story.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with national business and trade media.
- Write and edit a variety of complex and/or sensitive external communications including news releases, talking points, speeches, social media content and executive summaries.
- Track and measure results to ensure they are aligned with intended outcomes and business objectives.
The Deposit Products Group is part of Wells Fargo’s Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation business, and is focused on strategy, customer experience, product development, pricing, profitability, and risk management for products and services that include c consumer checking and savings accounts, business checking and savings accounts, debit and prepaid cards, the Campus Banking Program, and Global Remittance Services (ExpressSend).
- 6+ years of communications experience
- 3+ years of media relations experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing communications strategies that align with business objectives
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience executing communications plans across various internal and external channels
- Experience building strong relationships internally and externally
- Experience consulting and collaborating with senior leaders in various functional areas