The Marketing Specialist is responsible for helping to achieve all business goals for the Americas. Key focus on driving stakeholder communications, both internally and externally to ensure complete alignment, as well as owning ongoing management and development of marketing tools for internal and external users. Additionally, this role executes day-to-day marketing activities and assists with key initiatives within the Americas for dedicated brand(s) that brings the marketing plan to life and contributes to the brand(s’) business goals.
Marketing Services :
Manages and leads day-to-day theater marketing communications with internal and external stakeholders.
Oversees, manages, maintains and enhances internal and franchisee marketing tools; striving towards best in class offerings.
Offers support to execute the marketing plan for both B2C and B2B
key marketing activities (promotions, tradeshows, creative, collateral).
Executes ongoing marketing activities with adherence to the plan,
timing and budget (proprietary channel messaging consumer email).
Liaises, communications and collaborates with colleagues across
functions and builds strong relationships (Branding, Global Marketing,
Revenue Optimization, Operations, Public Relations, Sales and Analytics)
in the Americas theater to help achieve the brand(s’) performance to
meet corporate and brand goals and objectives.
Is a brand(s’) steward; utilizes the visual identity, tone of voice
and all brand DNA components in all communications, creative executions
and in all day-to-day work.
3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in corporate hospitality or marketing communications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
Prefer experience working with and supporting franchise partners
Self-starter with minimal need for day-to-day direction and an internal drive for results attitude.
Critical thinking and planning; ability to connect the dots,
anticipate what’s needed, problem-solve and work to achieve results.
Proven track record of successfully leading internal communications
Experience working with vendor management and marketing agency partners
Experience with digital and traditional media – execution, monitoring & measurement
Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects
simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget
Creative and business writing abilities, including editing and proofing.
Organized with strong attention to detail
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Indicators of Success:
Brand objectives – net unit growth, RGI, Revenue (RevPAR) and Market Share (RGO) growth
Specific Revenue and ROMI goals through key marketing activities
Brand awareness improvements / customer engagement increases (NPS)
Global Marketing team
Revenue Generation & Commercial teams
Specific Revenue and ROMI through key marketing activities
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make
employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national
origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
You are a social media marketer with a passion for fashion and an interest in women’s rights (specifically sexual exploitation and sex trafficking). The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hungry for growth, thrives in a fluid environment and possesses a strong eye for visual detail and creativity with exceptional writing skills.
The Social Media and Content Marketing Strategist is responsible for executing an integrated social media presence across multiple platforms and channels to foster engagement with the MY SISTER audience, like-minded companies, influencers and more. This role serves as an ambassador across all social media touch points, managing workflow, content calendars, publishing and engaging with guests, fans and followers. Creativity is key, as content planning, ideation and creation through strong visual and storytelling brand aesthetics serves as a major responsibility of the Social Media and Content Marketing Strategist.
MY SISTER offers trendy, fair trade t-shirts, jewelry and beauty products with positive and empowering messaging. A percentage of every purchase funds programs with local, national and international non-profits that are working to fight sex trafficking. We believe that everyone can participate in the progress towards a world without sexual exploitation. MY SISTER focuses on innovative and community building initiatives to engage our country in the movement. By raising awareness, offering education and employment opportunities for survivors, working to end the demand, and providing funding for holistic after-care, MY SISTER will work with all our sisters to end this form of modern day slavery of children and women across the world.
- Supports the Director of Marketing in research, strategy, and content implementation across social media platforms.
- Leverages social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and emerging channels, blog, affiliate links, etc.,) to communicate internal and external brand stories.
- Develops a creative, storytelling content strategy using a diverse mix of fashion, event-related and mission-driven initiatives.
- Creates, coordinates and maintains brand profiles and other content for brand pages on behalf of social media accounts. * Collaborates with the Director of Marketing to develop a social strategy and content calendar as it relates to messaging, engagement and the preferences across multiple social media brand and property platforms.
- Helps research and connect with bloggers and influencers
- Creates strategic campaigns and publishes content for MY SISTER brand and properties across the company.
- Manage social content calendar with input from MY SISTER team.
- Ideates and creates content for various channels through the use of photography, video and creative storytelling/copywriting.
- Identifies appropriate timeline for posting, engaging and optimizing content specific to each social media platform.
- Implements content publication utilizing keywords, campaign tags, platforms, competitor analysis. * Manages the day-to-day messaging, monitoring and moderation of multiple social media platforms.
- Serves as brand expert on sexual exploitation and sex trafficking issues as they pertain to the MY SISTER mission and responds to related interactions with knowledge and tact * Provides regular updates and reporting, ensuring performance goals are being met and providing recommendations when necessary.
- Manage and optimize social advertising campaigns on an as needed basis * Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- 3+ years of experience working in social media at an agency or brand
- Degree in marketing, communications, social media or something similar
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong interest in fashion and design aesthetics
- Graphic design basics and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Innovative, performance driven and a strong ability to leverage relationships
- Experience with photography + video content creation
- Up on current pop-culture topics, fashion and mainstream trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires that ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to jobs at mysister.org.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minneapolis, MN
- Social Media: 3 years
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for Performance Athletix through Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Leverage search engine optimization by aligning our social media strategy with our mission, values and principles.
- Maintain positive communication with consumers by providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of digital tools to provide successful marketing.
- Administer Performance Athletix’s social media marketing and advertising.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Content Management
- Search Engine Optimization and generation of inbound traffic.
- Creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach Performance Athletix’s customers.
- January 2018 through May 2018
- Education (pursing degree in communications, marketing, business, new media, or public relations or relative field)
- Experience (preferred but not required)
Job Type: Internship
Monday, March 20, 2017
We are seeking a full-time Account Executive – Social Media Manager. You will work with an account team to understand clients’ objectives, implement programs and quantify results with data driven analyses. You will be challenged to push boundaries, to propose and execute new ideas that increase brand awareness and loyalty.
Account Management Responsibilities:
- Keep versed on clients' products, services, plans, competitors and target markets including research projects
- Develop and present proposals, budgets and marketing plans
- Client communications (meetings, calls, emails, events and trade shows), some travel may be required
- Respond to requests for materials and support
- Plan and implement digital and print advertising, email newsletters, brochures, sell sheets, trade show materials, retail point-of-purchase, coupons and other promotional campaigns
- Contribute content for advertising and promotion including client website and app
- Ensure consistent brand messaging through editing and approvals process
- Daily monitoring and proactive engagement on all social media platforms
- Develop and execute social media campaigns including content sourcing/creation, alignment with promotions and marketing needs, weekly content calendars, and post execution
- Develop, plan and execute sweepstakes and contests
- Coordinate and schedule a team of guest bloggers
- Implement influencer sponsorship programs
- Provide weekly and monthly analytic reports
- Stay on top of social and digital competition and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, public relations or journalism
- 2 to 3 years of experience in social media and marketing
- Must have strong creative writing skills, organizational skills and experience with social platforms and blogs
- Strategic thinking to bring new ideas and tactics to daily duties with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Organized, eye-for-detail and excellent task management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Google AdWords, Analytics, WordPress and any certifications a plus!
- Salary plus Medical and Dental Benefits and 401k plan, PTO and summer hours
Our goal is to fill this position as soon as possible. If you think this might be a good fit for you, please send us your resume in PDF format along with salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Thursday, March 09, 2017
Job Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
More information about this job:
The PR/Communications Intern will work with the PR/Communications team to develop and implement aspects of public relations projects that support strategic business and marketing objectives.
- Working within the broader Public Relations/Communications team to assist with a wide variety of projects, to include, but not limited to:
- Support the development of media materials, including news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, media pitch documents
- Employee communications materials
- Conduct research projects that support the development of materials, including fact sheets, media statements and FAQs
- Assist with media relations: follow-up with key media, prepare background information
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university; must be at a Junior or Senior level student
- Working towards completion of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, English, graphics, web design, communications or related field.
- Previous internship experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Aptitude for learning new technologies and systems
- Interest in retail a plus
Internship goal timing: 20-40 hours per week from June 25, 2017 to August 25, 2017
Wednesday, March 08, 2017
The Digital Marketing Analyst will function as a support resource to enable and implement digital marketing campaigns developed by the B2B marketing team, will advise about best practices. This resource will also manage Customer Partner Pages to ensure they are optimized to drive prospect conversion. The Analyst will ensure all digital marketing tools and campaigns support the development of a robust customer database and digital marketing best practices to better enable the digital marketing capabilities of the team.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will require strong knowledge and experience using marketing automation and web development platforms and will understand our business/systems/data analysis needs to ensure all campaign data can support our lead management and nurturing processes and future ambitions.
Partner Web Page Support
•Develops Web pages by planning and executing design; maintaining and upgrading content.
•Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
•Develops web partner page navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
•Develops web partner page content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
•Upgrades web partner pages by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
•Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
•Suggests and implements continuous improvements by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
•Keeps partner web pages operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Marketing Automation, Digital Campaign Support
•Manage all aspects of the Pardot marketing automation platform and its integration with Salesforce including lead scoring, email and landing page development, programming, testing, database management, reporting/analytics and optimization.
•Develop a variety of global campaigns: welcome, lead generation, nurturing, client communications, events, etc.
•Ability to conduct data analysis and segmentation to identify campaign opportunities.
•Partner with Sales Operations and Marketing Operations specialists to develop and improve work flows.
•Working closely with the B2B Marketing team, program the Pardot marketing automation tool to support digital marketing campaigns that support key promotional activities planned to drive growth for Capella Schools and key products.
•Aids in the design of web pages and/or email programs by analyzing business requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities
•Contributes to team effort by serving as a subject matter expert/training lead on technical aspects of marketing automation and web page systems & processes.
•Analyzing marketing metrics to ensure digital properties are implemented to collect critical data that allow analysts to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and financial outcomes to increase profitability.
•Troubleshooting, triaging, and investigating business/system issues and reporting anomalies identified by leadership and the various functions within Marketing and IT.
•Acting as b2b marketing liaison between sales operations, b2b marketing professionals, marketing technologies, creative, and analytics teams while solving key operational and business problems
•Working with Database Marketing to build and maintain a contact database
•The ideal candidate has 3+ years programming campaigns using marketing automation software or has certified expertise in a leading marketing automation software platform and has a passion for marketing and demand generation, a data driven mindset, an orientation toward process, and strong execution skills.
•Previous email marketing experience and in executing marketing campaigns in Pardot and supporting list uploads
•Certification in a marketing automation platform preferred
•Experience with web content management systems as well as HTML skills
•Managing data fields for hygiene and segmentation
•Setting up invites and registration pages for marketing programs
•Providing reporting on programs and campaigns
•Demonstrates a strong understanding of marketing automation best practices, understands how to interface with extended teams, and shares information and best practices with counterparts
•Experience working with systems that integrate with Salesforce preferred
•Experience with Database Augmentation/Hygiene, Lead Scoring initiatives
•Must have exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently, demonstrating a high level of initiative.
•Must have ability to translate business requirements into process and visual designs.
•Must have strong communication skills (written/verbal), preferably with experience using online meeting tools.
•Must have ability to facilitate communications between stakeholders from all levels of the organization and to objectively identify and resolve conflicts.
•Must be capable and comfortable multi-tasking between concurrent projects and tasks.
•Must be able to adjust easily to changing priorities.
•Experience working with Pardot, Adobe Content Management System or other leading marketing automation system.
•Experience working in a highly-integrated systems' environment.
•Experience supporting sales and marketing teams.
•Experience with agile methodologies desired.
225 S. 6th St., 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
This is an on-site position located at Capella’s downtown Minneapolis headquarters. It requires the ability to work in downtown Minneapolis and in a high-rise corporate office setting. Typical of a corporate office setting, Capella’s office space:
- is designed with an open work space setting and common fluorescent lighting
- includes frequent co-worker interaction and corresponding noise levels
- is subject to inside environmental conditions
- this role is mainly a sedentary role with frequent sitting and occasional walking and/or standing.
- this role involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC and standard monitors.
- this role has minimal lifting requirements, may require exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Requires minimal (0–10 percent) business travel:
- may occasionally require travel to on-site Capella events such as Commencement or off-site Capella University leadership meetings as requested and based on business needs. All travel must be pre-approved and arrangements made according to Capella’s policies/procedures.
- the University’s general office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. Work hours and starting times may vary depending on the job and the business needs. Some positions will have a specified starting time, and may be earlier or later, depending upon business requirements.
- the normally scheduled workweek for all full-time employees consists of 40-45 hours.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 35,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is among the 6 regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Regional bodies accredit colleges and universities; national bodies accredit trade and vocational schools.
Higher Learning Commission contact information: https://www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled and Protected Veteran employer. Visit the link below to access the EEO is the Law poster. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
About Harvest PR
We are a strategic communications firm specializing in food, farm and lifestyle brands and organizations, with offices in Minneapolis and Portland, Ore. As an expanding business, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about strategic communications and desires to play a significant role in growing the company.
The Account Executive (AE) or Senior Account Executive (SAE) will develop and execute strategic communications programs for national and innovative clients in food and agriculture industries. The candidate will work collaboratively with account teams to develop creative strategic plans for clients, including digital, social and traditional programs and events that support clients’ business objectives. The ideal AE or SAE candidate is a confident strategic counselor who demonstrates refined client-service, account administration and project management skills, as well as a mastery of and passion for media relations. Must be self-motivated and thrive in a tight-knit agency environment.
Our ideal candidate
· Has a passion for/background in food and agriculture
· Is self-motivated and achievement-oriented
· Is a sharp communicator and detailed planner
· Has a minimum of 3-6 years of experience, including in an agency setting. Specific experience level and food/ag industry knowledge will determine if a candidate is considered for AE or SAE title.
· Maintain excellent client relationships through frequent contact, developing a deep understanding of the client’s business, ensuring promised client results, managing expectations, communicating proactively on budgets/progress, and demonstrating strategic and tactical excellence
· Develop, manage and execute strategic communications programs that support client business goals and objectives
· Compile, analyze and fully merchandize results with the client
· Proactively communicate status updates, best practices and challenges/solutions in team meetings and on client calls
· Earn positive media placements on behalf of clients; proactively seek out story placement opportunities
· Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with key media and influencers
· Develop media/influencer relations strategies and strong media pitch angles
· Review, refine and qualify media/influencer lists
· Oversee coverage reporting for clients
· Consistently demonstrate high level of quality with spelling, grammar and structure
· Write key messages, press releases, media pitches, email communication, social media and other content
· Preparing articles for contribution to media
· Developing fresh ideas and angles to creatively tell our clients’ stories
· Preparing detailed briefing materials
· Develop timely activity and progress reports as needed
· Participate in and contribute to account team meetings, including monthly Scope of Work/workflow meetings
· Adhere to daily, accurate time entry
· Help develop new business responses and presentations as requested
· 3-6 years related experience in agency setting
· Specialist in either consumer food/lifestyle or agriculture industries
· Demonstrated experience and success with national media campaigns
· Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Achievement minded and results-oriented with keen time and project management skills
· Aptitude for social/digital communications and how they play into integrated campaign(s)
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
To be considered, please send the following items to AMY@harvest-pr.com:
· Current resume and cover letter that effectively demonstrates your experience and passion for the role
· Favorite work samples that demonstrate your strategic, tactical and creative excellence
**Qualified candidates will be asked to complete copyediting and StrengthsFinder® tests*