The Director of Communications, Public Relations & Social Media leads the public relations department for C.H. Robinson. In this critical leadership position, you are responsible for driving new innovative strategies and processes for C.H. Robinson’s communications, public relations, social media and events.This includes media relations, external communications, global marketing communications, and customer events.In this role, you will have the ability to directly impact the global brand and competitive advantage of C.H. Robinson.The ideal candidate has strong executive presence; understands and respects business strategies and leaders’ priorities and is a critical thinker with strong problem solving abilities.
- Create an external Communications, Public Relations, Social Media, and Events strategy for the organization that achieves business objectives while focusing on global brand recognition, global and national coverage, as well as local presence in key markets.
- Lead content strategy founded on key messages tied to company vision, brand positioning and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- Collaborate across North America and Global offices and divisions to adapt execution of the strategy to meet client needs and to ensure messages and tactics are commercially relevant.
- Engage and manage relationships with external media outlets across many platforms, with specific focus on digital news and online media.
- Identify opportunities and innovative ways to leverage public relations, social media and events channels
- Develop and manage success metrics & reporting (ROI).
- Maintain connection with industry and functional trends, adapting strategy as necessary.
- Implement, manage and deliver external communications, public relations, social media and events plans with excellence and superior customer service to support business objectives.
- Ensure alignment and integration of public relations, social channel and events strategies.
- Serve as company spokesperson in addition to developing additional spokesperson talent.
- Engage local and online media including media engagement at customer events.
- Create & communicate key messages.
- Manage the PR efforts surrounding acquisitions, dispositions and external events.
- Support reputation management and crisis communications as needed.
- Maintain P&L ownership for commercial marketing budget; ensure business goals are met with greatest efficiency.
- Oversee the external communications, public relations, social media and events team.
- Cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in communications, public relations and social media preferred
- Strong ability to craft compelling, commercially relevant messages
- Public relations and digital news/online/social media experience, preferably in a global, matrixed organization
- Organized individual with strong self and project management disciplines
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate, influence, and organize across groups and at multiple levels of the organization
- Proven experience developing and cultivating strong working relationships and credibility with geographicallydispersed stakeholders at multiple levels
- Outstanding written communication and interpersonal skills; strong track record of successfully serving as company spokesperson and ability to build and develop strong relationships
- Broad industry perspective, strong network of external marketing professionals, connected to the external marketing community.
- Organizational savvy with proven ability to drive results in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Critical thinking ability; independently and proactively identify problems, propose solutions and execute.
- Servant leadership attitude with constant focus on what is in the best interest of the company
- Ability to travel 10%
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran