EHKPR is a boutique public relations agency representing some of the most important and talented names in architecture and design.
The firm is seeking a motivated, creative, energetic individual with strong communications skills (oral and written) and a passion for design. The ideal candidate has a little bit of public relations experience and a LOT of interest in design. Actually, the ideal candidate is obsessed with both the media and with the design and architecture worlds.
Applicants must be extremely pleasant, organized, disciplined and self-starting. Excellent phone manner and writing skills are required. Organizational skills are absolutely essential.
This is a great job for someone who has left a job in the city to be closer to home and who wants to work in Maplewood. It is even occasionally glamorous, in spite of the suburban location .
- 1-2 years experience in public relations and/or marketing (work eperience in the design world is a plus!)
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in media relations and/or an ability to interact with press
- Strong writing skills and experience developing copy and/or press releases
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and communicate effectively with a variety of fast moving team members
- Creative and energetic personality
- Draft press releases and pitch letters
- Build media lists and maintain correspondence with media
- Maintain media activity grids
- Fulfill media requests and assist in media outreach
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials and presentations
- Assist in the creation of awards submissions
- Coordinate the planning and execution of events
- Support in creation and management of databases for outreach to media