At Federated Insurance we have a unique culture that values both our clients and our employees. The success of our client is our mission! As an employee you will be surrounded, encouraged and supported by others who believe in what we do - and how we do it - matters. You will experience on-the-job learning and a "promote from within" environment. You will be recognized for your contributions with exceptional rewards that support you. Join a culture where our employees spend countless hours volunteering with non-profit organizations in their communities and donate thousands of dollars toward community and social betterment. With the diversity of over 450 jobs - you are bound to find a place to land and grow! Insurance = Opportunities.
Join us and "Be Part of Something Bigger!"
As a Communications Specialist, in our Advertising department, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and editing content for printed materials, presentations and promotional communications along with digital output. We are seeking an individual who can interpret and translate complex, technical insurance information for a non-technical audience and select appropriate communication methods that convey Company messages in a cost-effective manner. Aids in content development and managing of digital media on Company websites and social media outlets.
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, or Communications, or equivalent experience writing or in Advertising
- Prefer minimum of 2 years’ work experience in writing and editing text for publication
- Strong written communication skills and understanding of grammar and punctuation
- Competent with InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and Publisher
- Effective with digital and social media tools
- Perceive differences in hue, intensity, and lightness and darkness