The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager in Edina, MN. The person hired in this role may also work out of Midland, MI.
The marketing communications manager is responsible for conveying internal and external messages for the water solutions business to keep stakeholders informed on what’s happening in the business and to drive the business core narrative with consistency and frequency. This role also requires market listening and engagement to facilitate and encourage a multi-point conversation. This role requires strong digital acumen and the ability to implement an omni-channel strategy. This role includes a focus on sustainability and advocacy.
- Coordinate the writing and design of promotional content and distributing in online and noffline channels
- Ensure message alignment with key business strategies
- Plan, coordinate and track regional event participation promoting our products and services
- Generate media and/or advertising opportunities for continued brand awareness
- Write and distribute press releases
- Develop and drive execution of integrated communications plan for product launches or new business initiatives aligned with marketing and commercial strategies
- Develop internal communications focused on employee engagement and positive work culture
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of regional marketing communications
- Manage all stakeholder mapping activities for advocacy work
- Work with head of communications and head of marketing to develop messaging pillars for sustainability and advocacy programs
- Manage execution of advocacy and sustainability programs working closely with partners in marketing
- Identify EPC partners and suggest opportunities for engagement to work together on sustainability initiatives (for example Black Veatch on sustainable cities)
- 5 or more years of related experience in a communications and/or sustainability in a technical or science-based company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Strong digital acumen and familiarity with common tools including website platforms, analytical tools, and marketing automation tools
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, journalism, writing, sustainability or other related field is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.