The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist role works directly with marketing partners and other functions to develop and execute internal and customer-facing (external) communications plans that reinforce CSI’s corporate, marketing, brand, and program objectives. Requires marketing communications knowledge to guide clients towards effective solutions. This individual must be proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented, and an effective communicator (written and verbally). They will interact closely with a cross-functional group including Marketing Communications, Meetings/Events/Tradeshows, Product Marketing, Medical Education, Sales Training, Regulatory, and Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement, as well as external vendors/partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Develop and Execute Marketing Plans and Activity for Interventional Support Devices:
- Execute and support strategic marketing and communication plans; lead the development and execution of strategic plans that support product and program activities; including the creation of creative briefs, creative downloads, use of appropriate channels, messages and tactics (e.g. sales flyers, brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, etc.).
- Ensure that product line(s) are represented appropriately in corporate communications and other company activities.
- Confirm product positioning, branding and major messaging for support devices; ensuring these are accurately represented in all materials.
- Partners with marketing to develop product positioning, messaging and core creative development, ensuring cross-functional collaboration.
- Establish strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and communicate proactively to manage expectations, project timelines and logistics.
- Participate in the development of annual operating budget. Process invoices and track budget on an ongoing basis.
- Produces multi-channel communications tools; maintaining project records using established department procedures and tools.
- Manage projects within allocated budgets, identifying cost-savings where appropriate.
- Manage case studies from field including submission, approval, and distribution
- Manage web content and updates across digital assets, such as company website, micro sites, and other properties/platforms.
- Manage literature and promotional materials website
- Oversee literature, article and swag inventory
- Work with promotional and fulfillment vendors to research, develop and approve on-trend, fresh, and popular new items. Partner with fulfillment vendors for necessary updates
- Ensure proper use of company/brand/product logos
- Implement website updates
- Develop metrics and reports on usage and ordering trends
- Manage (via formal review process), proof, and annotate materials; communicate changes/approvals to outside vendors/partners
- Support Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement team for development and execution of materials and content
- Manage and Support Meeting, Events & Tradeshow Activity
- Partner with Product Marketing, Medical Science Liaison, Professional Relations, Regulatory, Clinical/Science and MET to ensure MET strategies are understood and defined
- Create and execute strategies and define tactical elements
- Support Sales Training Activity
- Maintain current sales roster and update database as needed
- Assist in new sales literature ordering, new sales passwords and account set-up for fulfillment site
- Conduct a quarterly audit of both coronary and peripheral sales training kits to ensure they are up to date and comprehensive of materials available
- Maintain compliance to the CSI Quality Policy/System (e.g. Master Control), and all other documented quality processes and procedures, when performing assigned tasks
- Act as Marcom representative/lead for company activities and event committees
- Other duties as assigned
Specialist: BA or BS degree with 5-7 years of Communications/Marketing-related experience. Experience in medical device or other regulated industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Acrobat Pro for proofing and annotating documents; Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel); and basic design programs (e.g. Publisher). Proficiency in digital communication including updating website content and content management systems.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to lift 40lbs, unpack/ pack literature and/or tradeshow materials in boxes, transfer items to warehouse for shipping, and successfully track materials for arrival.
About CSI & Working Conditions:
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI) is devoted to developing and commercializing innovative solutions for treating peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Our primary focus is helping physicians conquer even the most difficult disease states, including arterial calcium, given the complications it presents for the millions who suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and coronary artery disease (CAD). CSI is committed to clinical rigor, constant innovation, and a defining drive to set the standard in safe, effective, economical medical devices that improve patient outcomes.
The Marketing Department is a fun, fast-paced group that works hard and delivers top-notch marketing programs and activity to our sales force and customers. We are located in a state-of-the-art building with on-site training facilities for employees and physicians. As their commitment to employee health and well-being, the headquarters also features a work-out facility, locker rooms and a nearby regional park with a complete trail system.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.