Food. Purpose. You.As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
As Marketing Communications Assistant Manager for Pillsbury, you’ll bring your expertise to manage media planning and execution for a nationally recognized and well-loved brand.
You will be the expert at reaching our consumer; developing the “how”, “when” and “where” our communications to show up. You’ll understand their behaviors & habits, to build communications plans that engage them at the right place, time and context.
- Work closely with brand marketers, agencies and cross-functional teams in the creation of modern brand plans that reach consumers throughout the path to purchase
- Leverage brand marketing team’s strategic process/outputs to create communications plans that align with the brand’s purpose, target audiences, and business growth goals
- Apply critical thinking and strategic insights to drive better plans and execution
- Collaborate with media agency on the creation and execution of the media plan
- Strategize with world class creative agencies; helping developing content across channels
- Take the lead in identifying optimization opportunities, tackling issues, and driving best practices across the program
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or Business
- 5+ years of marketing communications experience, preferably in full service, media, digital, and/or consulting agency
- Experience in working with multiple marketing communication touchpoints (Including traditional and digital media, performance & acquisition media, SEM, CRM, social, PR, promotions, experiential, or price incentives)
- Expertise across core media planning skills
- Reach/frequency, audience sizing, plan reporting & optimization
- Understanding of measurement, attribution, trafficking, & budget management
- Familiarity of core media planning & measurement tools
- Communicus, ComScore, Simmons, MRI, Nielsen, Kantar