About Blue Cross
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people’s lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Description SummaryThis person provides support to the members of the Public Relations team.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to successfully manage multiple assignments while working closely with members of the public relations team.
Responsibilities may include writing and editing communication materials including blog and social media posts; doing daily media searches; supporting the PR team at community or business event, possibly including support for Facebook Live or Periscope, and supporting social media community management, as well as the employee advocacy program.
The intern will actively participate in team meetings and work collaboratively with other team members to help achieve department objectives and successfully carry out projects.
This person would be employed for a three-month period. The intern works full-time, approximately 35-40 hours/week.
- Write and load blog and social media posts.
- Assist with media monitoring, both on traditional and social media channels.
- Assist with daily media searches.
- Assist with all aspects of Blue Cross’ social media community management, including daily monitoring of comments, working with PR staff and service team to manage member inquiries and schedule planned social media posts.
- Assist with the Social Media Ambassador program, including adding new stories for employees to share into the employee advocacy platform.
- Work with internal communications to promote and share blog content with Blue Cross employees.
- Complete other writing and project management duties as assigned.
- College student or recent college graduate
- Communications or related major
- 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills for working with Blue Cross employees at all levels, and community representatives
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and a willingness to learn other software tools. Experience with WordPress and social media community management tools a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning/organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Previous non-profit work or volunteer experience desirable
- Work onsite during business hours
- Access to a car for metro area travel
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association