Minnesota Vikings are seeking a Youth Marketing Intern
The Minnesota Vikings are seeking a Youth Marketing Intern who will assist with programs and initiatives that will develop the next generation of Vikings fans. Additionally, this individual will aid in other team marketing engagements on game days, regional marketing events, and special Vikings team events. The ideal candidate will be prepared to deal with fast paced nature of the National Football League while becoming an effective team player within the Vikings Marketing Department. This is a full-time, full-season internship that requires availability from August, 2018 – May, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with Youth Marketing database management and development.
· Manage Vikings Kids Club database and membership fulfillment.
· Assist in planning of the Vikings Explorers youth program and execution of the on-site events within the program.
· Assist with the on-site execution of the Vikings in-school mascot programs, Fuel Up to Play 60 and Viktor’s Quest to S.T.O.P Bullying.
· Assist in the planning and production of the youth television show Vikings Huddle.
· Collaborate with corporate partnerships team to ideate and execute enriching partner activations related to youth programming and marketing initiatives.
· Assist in growing existing youth programs and developing new programs to enhance youth outreach.
· Assist with on-site execution of the Sound the North traveling regional marketing activation, including extensive driving across Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
· Aid with marketing activations at other Vikings special events including Training Camp, Draft Party, Taste of the Vikings, etc.
· Assist with planning and execution of activation on the Commons Park during every Vikings home game, including overseeing game day staff.
· Minimum of 4 year college degree
· Relevant experiences in sports marketing is preferred.
· The ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Must be a positive team player with strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills.
· Desire to learn and advance knowledge and skills within the professional sports industry.
· Familiarity with Office computer software will be required.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
· The ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required for transportation of equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Standard office for regular office hours.
· Events will vary from game day at U.S. Bank Stadium to other youth programs and team events including Training Camp, Taste of the Vikings, Draft Party, etc.