HISTORY AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS INTERNSHIPWe believe no story should be left untold. Throughout our region, we find stories of culture and innovation that impact our communities. Come learn at TPT, and enrich the lives of those around us through the power of public media through our History and Public Affairs Internship.
This position is paid minimum wage and runs from mid-June through mid-August 2018. The qualified candidates will have a passion for classroom or community experience in history and a desire to work in public media. Candidates must be currently enrolled in college or university program related to journalism, history or other job-related field.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Providing archival research, including video archives, the internet, library archives and others as needed
- Acquisition support, including scanning and organizing media assets (still photos & footage)
- General administrative tasks, such as database entry, paperwork/digital filing, and general office support
- Occasional assistance on production shoots, including collecting releases during shoots and media logging
- Transcribe video interviews
- Experience doing content research
- Interest in media production
- Currently enrolled as a student in higher education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and prior experience with video production editing, Adobe Premiere Pro CC is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Able to successfully handle details with accuracy in a fast-paced, multi-client setting
- A valid driver’s license
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.