Under general supervision, provides coordination, execution and administrative support for public relations and communications projects and activities to position ECMC Group and its affiliates favorably with media and the public through proactive and reactive media relations, events, and other promotional activities.
o Develops public project plans and related materials and monitors plans for completion of tasks
o Drafts press releases, op-eds, news articles, backgrounders, feature stories, bios, policy statements, media holding statements, and crisis communications statements, among others
o Proactively pitches consumer and trade media including print, broadcast and online
o Attends important functions on the company’s behalf, serving as the public relations representative; assists with planning and organizing promotional media events as necessary
o Monitors and compiles media coverage to keep abreast of the news about our company, products and services, by using research tools and other methods. Monitors and compiles media clips to create and distribute daily, monthly, and event-specific coverage and reports.
o Develops, maintains, and updates media contact database. Creates press lists and performs research on journalists and others as required.
o Handles media requests for information, interviews and photos from all media. Works with various departments to provide accurate information. Develops specialized press kits and information for media. Updates corporate profiles and fact sheets on a regular basis. Vets incoming media inquiries; maintains contact with reporters and acts as liaison between media and internal subject matter experts, providing advice and counsel on responding to inquiries.
o Plans and staffs media deskside visits and on-site media events, in consultation with Director, Public Relations.
o Monitors press coverage and follows up with press to ensure coverage accuracy and timeliness.
o Stays up to date on all public relations trends and innovations and brings new ideas to the team.
o Writes draft copy and edits copy for new and revised materials, communications, blogs, social media posts, and other deliverables, working closely with Director, Public Relations to incorporate best practices and ECMC Group brand standards
o Performs administrative support tasks as requested
o Evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns
o Monitors and provides web analytic reports to business owners
o Maintains strong level of knowledge of the industry
o Tracks, compiles and completes reports on department goals and projects
o Organizes and updates online databases and other mechanisms for archival/historical access
o Participates in department planning meetings and helps prioritize workload
o Complies with all ECMC Group Policies
o Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
o 3-5 years public relations experience in a corporate and/or agency setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills working in a computer-based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or Mac Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrent
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders. Efficiently manages resources and understands work/project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks and business benefits.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to deliver on commitments as promised and able to acknowledge when commitments are not met and takes appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze, identify and solve problems while using sound judgment. Able to implement solutions to address business issues. Knows who to involve and takes appropriate action
- Ability to anticipate, understand and
manage customer expectations and consistent delivery of services. Clearly
and effectively conveys information
To apply e-mail Resume and Cover Letter ot
Brian Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org