For more than 80 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota has worked to improve the health of all Minnesotans. As a nonprofit organization, we have a long history of making a healthy difference in people’s lives and of giving back to the communities we serve. In particular, our industry-leading commitment to veterans, service members and their families helped us to be named the first and only Beyond the Yellow Ribbon health plan company in Minnesota.
We make it easy for you to support veterans groups and other community organizations by providing 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year — in addition to regular paid time off. The dedication of Blue Cross volunteers has earned us recognition for running one of the most successful corporate food drives in the state; donating nearly 1,500 volunteer hours at Habitat for Humanity worksites; and growing more than 750 pounds of fresh produce at our onsite Community Giving Gardens. Find your place at a company that cares about veterans, our employees, our members and our communities.
Description SummaryJoin the Blue Cross consumer experience and engagement marketing team as a senior marketing communications specialist responsible for creating relevant and compelling messaging, content and materials that engage and educate our health plan consumers and clients. Create content published in digital channels, retail store environments, direct mail services and face-to-face communications.
- Collaborate with your assigned market segment team to create messaging and content that drives consumer member engagement and sales channel enablement.
- Support the development of segment-specific value propositions for assigned market segments and product-specific value propositions for assigned products.
- Ideate, create, and edit a variety of content types (including: how-to based, stats, best practices, sales tools, case studies, etc.) and content formats (including: article, video, presentation, email, social, print, etc.).
- Write and edit a wide-range of content and materials used for consumer engagement, sales channel enablement, sales support, client support, product launch and health plan open enrollment.
- Implement advanced online and print copywriting capabilities to deliver communications that stand out, stay on message and speak to consumers and clients in a consistent tone of voice.
- Understands how an audience interact with digital media differently form print and identifies what makes digital content successful for website, landing page, email, social media and blogs.
- Work closely with graphic designers as “communications planners” to deliver cohesive, harmonious design and copy that makes the content strike a chord with consumers and clients.
- Perform investigative research to see what thought leaders are talking about and interview internal/external subject matter experts.
- Leverage content management system and other online resources to manage multiple content projects across assigned market segments and products.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the communications, marketing or journalism field and 5 years of related work experience, or 9 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and execute with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills for working with business partners, vendors and cross-functional teams and for making formal presentations.
- Strong project and time management skills for juggling many changing priorities and working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated writing and general public relations skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills in the use of a suite of software tools (such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and project management tools.
- Exceptional creative copywriting skills for both web and print
- Subject matter expertise in health care or medical technology
- Deep discipline expertise in content marketing with a portfolio to prove it
- Cross-discipline competence in: SEO, UI/UX, B2B/B2C marketing and PR
- Track record of being an integral member of a cross-functional marketing team
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association