The Broadview Education Consortium (BEC) is a collective of colleges and universities committed to providing career-focused education that assists their students in reaching their career and life goals. We strive to provide students with tools for success – knowledge, skills and credentials that support their immediate and long-range goals. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a innovative, and growing university. Our philosophy is to simply and comprehensively bridge the gap between student potential and employer needs. This drives our commitment to our employees and our community.
The Social Media Coordinator will assist with strategy implementation and social media engagement for the BEC network of schools. Candidates should have experience working on the business end of social media. Areas of focus would be: social media channel set up and/or optimization, content distribution across multiple channels, coordination of efforts with other social media staff, ensuring all social posts and strategy line up with overall business marketing goals. Potential for working remotely but would still have to have the ability to meet in the office when needed.
Ideal Social Media Coordinator candidates possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with different departments and outside digital teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on quick response time
- Effective problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use necessary technology quickly and adeptly
- Adaptability; able to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for discipline and/or area of profession and dedication to continued improvement and skill building
- Strong focus on user experience and support of our students and staff.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications:
- Experience with a wide variety of social media channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube, Snapchat, and Yelp.
- Experience working with social media platforms designed for businesses such as Facebook Business Manager.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Keen understanding of brand voice and image. Ability to speak to different audiences is a must.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with organizing and working a content calendar.
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience working with Adobe software: Illustrator and Photoshop especially.
Social Media Coordinator Educational Requirements:
- Associate’s degree
- Some type of social media training (certificate, degree emphasis, etc.)
Company History and Highlights
Broadview Education Consortium (BEC) consortium includes: Broadview University, Institute of Production and Recording, Broadview Entertainment and Arts University, and Minnesota School of Cosmetology. With locations Minnesota and Utah, BEC is an equal opportunity employer, supporting a diverse workforce as well as a long time supporter of our military veterans. We offer eligible employees the following benefits: dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, medical insurance, a 401k plan, tuition benefits, flexible spending accounts and paid time off (PTO). Employees are encouraged to achieve personal and professional goals in a flexible, dynamic and success-oriented work environment.
Background screening will be conducted on final candidate as part of the hiring process.