Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty-care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. An award-winning health system, Children's is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital and by The Leapfrog Group for quality and efficiency. Please visit childrensMN.org.
The Communications Intern will work with the Communications team to develop and implement aspects of public relations and internal communications projects that support strategic business and marketing objectives.
· Working within the communications team to assist with a wide variety of projects, to include, but not limited to:
o Create and edit copy for internal newsletters and memos, blogs and other content. Interview experts, patients and other sources for stories and written materials.
o Assist communications team with media relations. Write and distribute media pitches or news releases, follow up with reporters, coordinate logistics and staff interviews.
o Track media coverage and assist with internal and external metrics.
o Help identify award opportunities, submit materials and promote wins.
o Support with event planning and activities.
o Handle some administrative tasks for the team: scheduling meetings, organizing project materials, etc.Qualifications:
Recent graduate or currently enrolled at an accredited university; must be at a Junior or Senior level student
· Working towards completion of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, business, marketing, English or related field
· Previous internship experience
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
· Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well within a team environment
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and aptitude for learning new technologies and system
· Interest in healthcare plus