On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Title: Communications Specialist
Office Location: Mankato or Apple Valley, MN
The Communications Specialist actively participates in the identification, planning, and execution of highly effective and consistent communication strategies and plans on behalf of Compeer Financial. The position develops comprehensive communication plans – understanding strategic messages, creating and editing content, and analyzing communication gaps. The Communications Specialist selects and uses a variety of communication methods and tools to market Compeer’s industry leadership, expertise, and perspective internally and externally.
Successful candiates will:
- Communications: Formulates and administers comprehensive communications plan that delivers strategic messages and business performance updates. Develops communications plans and supports them through implementation for internal and external clients. Drafts and edits content, schedules meetings and monitors for communication improvement areas. Provides clear communications on complex issues and topics. Actively pursues new and innovative ways to communicate with various audiences, including podcasts, multi-media, mobile messaging, written materials, etc. Assists with client communications, including the corporate magazine, annual report, digital newsletters and client letters. Promotes ag advocacy through telling client success stories. Manages communication content of the intranet, collaborating with internal teams to address all communication needs.
- Content Management: Collaborates with Marketing and Communications, as well as members of the internal business units, to identify unique benefits. Leads content groups. Develops commercial insight utilizing market research, intelligence and marketing resources to help build the story. Activates the insight through various communication and marketing channels in partnership with Marketing and Communication team members.
- Social Media: Assists in maintaining and monitoring the organization’s social media accounts.
- Public/Media Relations:
Develops and maintains relationships with the media to further the
organization’s strategy and messages. Identifies opportunities for
maximizing media relationships and proactively positions Compeer
Financial with media, clients and industry partners. Develops press
releases and pitches story ideas to media. Monitors media through online
services and other established tools. Assists Marketing leadership,
when needed, in public relations efforts for distressed assets, crisis
communications and media monitoring.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, public relations, or closely related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of related professional work experience, preferably in a financial services environment.
- Experience with communication tools, including social media, blogging platforms and video editing, preferred but not required.
- Expanding knowledge of Compeer Financial products, services, processes, team members and teams/functions is required.
- Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, problem solving, analytical, organizational, critical thinking and listening skills.
- Proven client service skills and effective team skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, while prioritizing.
- Ability to seek input from all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong writing and editing skills for a variety of media.
- Some experience in agricultural environment desired.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) and other related software applications.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.Compeer Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In March, 2019 the Apple Valley, MN and Northfield, MN Compeer offices will combine and move to a new office location in Lakeville, MN