Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Generation Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Shoreview, Minnesota for a Senior Marketing Communications Specialist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Develop, execute and track marketingcommunications programs within the Upstream Influencing(UI) market to educatecustomers on the overall value of Cummins, our technologies and what we bringto the table as a partner. Programs to include: Overseeproduct training and education website, develop webinars, work with thoughtleaders to develop and implement seminars at tradeshows, white papers, articlesin trade publications, customer events etc. Also act as the mainmarketing communications contact for UI representatives globally.
- Responsible for managing specificcommunications projects, programs, or initiatives.
- Supports communications projects and events as they relate toassigned area.
- Analyzes and understands key performance metrics includingweb metrics and surveys.
- Supports the management of internal and externalcommunications including press releases, video, newsletters, and corporatepresentations.
- Manages the communication activities including technicaland/or promotional material writing, product manuals, brochures, etc.
- Interacts with business partners to develop and implementintegrated communication plans.
- Supports the brand communication research and supports thebrand strategy and guidelines.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced CommunicationsSpecialists; may supervise less experienced Communications Specialists.
Leadership: Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work. Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions. Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors. Ability to develop plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals. Ability to manage the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools and effective delegation.
Technical: Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination of techniques and methods. Ability to create an overall message for consistent communications related to a specific topic. Ability to manage the entire process of the creation of marketing collateral, including brand positioning. Ability to coach suppliers on how to be acceptable/better suppliers to Cummins. Ability to plan sequenced tasks and assignments with appropriate allocation of resources. Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means. Ability to anticipate customer needs and take action to meet these needs.
Ability to develop graphics, images, or other elements from an idea, words, or an engineering model.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in communications, journalism, or a related subject required.
3 – 5 years of relevant work experience required.
Digital and social media marketing is required, and background with industrial or B2B marketing is desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Shoreview, CPG Headquarters Victoria St
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Jul 6, 2018, 12:03:50 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180003UY