DescriptionEqual Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
- Partner with social & digital marketing and segment leadership to develop and coordinate a social media strategy and content supporting the launch and growth of the Sherwin-Williams DesignHouse physical location and website.
- Create social channel content to reach and appeal to the Industrial Design community and CMF (Color, Materials & Finish) network- creating credibility and visibility for Sherwin Williams.
- Work with Design Segments leadership and marketing operations to create a unique and appropriate tone of voice for the target users.
- Assist with management of social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and others as appropriate), ensuring a consistent voice and uniform content for posts, graphics and additional content.
- Contribute to the development and publishing of updates on all relevant channels at the assigned frequency (Tweets: Daily, Instagram: 3X Weekly, Linked In 2X Weekly)
- Assist Design Segments Director and marketing operations to create and implement channel-specific campaigns to increase traffic.
- Work with key members of the Design Segment Team to create and edit content into relevant formats for different channels including, but not limited to: tweets, case studies, pod casts, interviews, graphics & imagery.
- Create and communicate monthly social media metrics report with metric analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Benchmark competitive and select “goal” accounts for best practices and development areas.
- Develop communications promoting upcoming meetings and events and provide logistical support to event teams as needed.
- Uses social media and content strategies to increase the number of followers and overall engagement for each channel.
- Makes recommendations on needed content and potential budgets for specific content creation.
- Uses metrics to communicate impact of social media activities.
- Responsible for coordinating communication calendar between different marketing communication organizations (business vs corporate).
- Communicate content needs to keep material fresh, relevant and frequent enough to stratify the needs of different social media channels.
- Ability to adapt quickly to situational needs and think quickly to create responses.
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours
- Overnight travel may be required at times
- 5%, may be asked to attend key industry events if available.
- Required to have a High School Diploma and enrolment in 4 Year College (Junior or Senior Year), 3.0GPA Minimum
- Preferred: Potential Majors: Relevant Business, Design or Communication Majors- e.g. Marketing, Advertising, Graphics Design, Mass Communications
- PC Skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel. PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms- Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Previous work with non-personal social media accounts (Work, School, and Organizational). Portfolio of communication is required.
- Specific course work on Public Relations, Business or Mass Communication or Social Media marketing tactics
- Proven written communications skills and an interest in both short and long copy creation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with teams
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Some domestic and global travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required