Organization & Position Summary: The Arc Minnesota promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
This position works with the communication and marketing staff in process and tool development, planning, marketing, logistics and execution of organization and community-based events. Supports the general marketing needs of the organization and with public relations. This position will report directly to the Events & Communication Coordinator and the Chief Marketing Officer. Interns will also learn about The Arc Minnesota Values of “We value each person”, “We are connectors”, “We are courageous”, and “We are accountable”.
- Data entry and management; includes updating mail lists, subscribing and unsubscribing customers
- Word Press related tasks such as updating the website, form development, creation of web banners, webpage design, logo table creation, event creation, event draft templates and related tasks
- Event management assistance and logistical coordination; includes venue research
- Mail merges, event registration and event name tag creation
- Creation, design, marketing and communication of event materials; includes fliers, brochures, posters, mailers, web related content and participant/staff communication
- Creation and execution of social media posts, email and print marketing campaigns, etc.
- Creation/expansion of website updates & design manual
- Web and database related work as needed
- Research and categorize media partners by needs, focus and style; draft press releases
- Social media content development and execution
- Other duties as requested
Benefits & Professional Development Opportunities:
- Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December 2018 and May 2019 or the utilization of work-study if eligible.
- Improved writing, marketing, project management and event planning skills
- Gain valuable experience with email marketing using Mail Chimp and Wordpress
- Knowledge, experience and technical skills in event planning and execution
- Gain a better understanding of the issues facing the disability community
- Invited to training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Expand professional portfolio and knowledge of marketing, public relations and communication
- Demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance and communication to multiple audiences
- Demonstrate skill in effective use of resources and time management
- Attend to professional roles and boundaries
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with great attention to detail, not limited to grammar and punctuation
- Ability to research efficiently and report findings effectively
- Good interpersonal skills; works well with others and autonomously; respects all people and work styles
- Process and project planning, web based, Sharepoint, Eventbrite, and related technology based skills helpful
- Reliable, flexible, detail oriented and open to feedback
- Outstanding organizational, time management, problem solving and proficient computer skills required
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
- Committed to furthering