Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work at Ecumen!
We’re hiring a Communications Director to work on our corporate leadership team in Shoreview, MN. You’ll enjoy a business-casual environment, employee gardens, flexible work schedule, volunteer options and career growth opportunities. Our benefits package is very competitive, including great 401K matching and health savings account (HSA) programs.
Ecumen is over 150 years old and one of Minnesota’s Top 5 non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. This year, we’re happy to celebrate our 10th year as a “Best Place to Work.”
Every employee at Ecumen has the opportunity to empower older adults to lead fulfilling lives. Join us as we envision a world without Ageism!
The Communications Director leads efforts to elevate Ecumen’s brand and reputation through marketing communications, internal communications, web and social media presence, reputation management, and crisis communications, developing strategies to persuasively tell the Ecumen story and advance its mission, vision, values and business objectives. As the Communications team leader, the Director works with partners across the organization to plan and implement communications initiatives that promote and position the Ecumen brand with customers and potential customers, employees and potential employees, donors, referral sources, media, policy makers and industry leaders. Additionally, this person is a strategic advisor to Ecumen leaders, ensuring effective internal and external messaging.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Design and lead corporate-level marketing communications plans which support the Ecumen brand and the achievement of business objectives, key initiatives and projects; including campaign development, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and measurement of results.
- Produce and lead corporate and site-level internal communication plans that help maintain a positive relationship with employees and ensure company-wide initiatives and messages are successfully and consistently communicated to stakeholders. Plan and produce meetings, events, speaking engagements, etc. Manage the internal communication response to issues and situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Direct corporate and site-level web and social media plans that support the achievement of business objectives and effectively convey the Ecumen brand and strategic messages through consistent and effective online and digital presence.
- Oversee brand standards and digital assets to ensure communities, employees, vendors and media have the tools and materials needed to best represent Ecumen’s brand and strategic messages. Lead company-wide online visibility plans, including decision on platforms, managing corporate-level presence, and directing and integrated site-level system that supports site managers.
- Develop and manage project budgets, reporting and evaluation systems, and vendor relations for the Communications team; supervise communications staff and interns.
- Provide communication support, advice and counsel to leadership on communication issues as they arise, including reputation management and crisis communications.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field is required
- Relevant Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in a communications, marketing or related role, including experience supervising others
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing and managing marketing communications, internal communications, web and social media, and reputation management plans; including vendor relationships, budgets, reporting and evaluation
- Experience working with web developers and technical teams to manage digital platforms and content management systems
- Ability to drive initiatives at both strategic and implementation levels
- Experience managing sensitive communications in a crisis situation
- Excellent writing, editing and oral presentation skills
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills
- Experience working with traditional and digital communication channels and platforms
- Experience managing a company’s visual brand identity
- Team player with ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required
- Education: Master’s degree in communications
- Experience in senior services
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify and pre-employment drug testing.