Communications & Marketing ManagerReports to: Executive Director
Category: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits
The Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies (GTCYS) transforms students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds by breaking down barriers to music instruction and providing exceptional year-round orchestral experiences. As one of the country’s largest youth orchestra programs, GTCYS serves more than 1,000 students ages 8-18 through nine academic-year orchestras, two summer programs, and Harmony violin instruction program. GTCYS’ young musicians share 25 concerts and inspire 17,000 community members through our educational activities and performances each year. Committed to making our programs accessible, GTCYS will award $75,000 in need-based scholarships for tuition and lessons this year. With a new strategic vision in place, we have ambitious goals to become even more accessible in the community. Learn more at www.gtcys.org.
The Communications & Marketing Manager is a new full-time position responsible for using compelling storytelling to increase GTCYS’ visibility, student enrollment, concert audiences, and fundraising. Primary responsibilities include creating engaging stories, marketing materials, digital and graphic content, advertisements, and communications to support GTCYS’ events and strategic initiatives.
This role reports to the Executive Director and will also collaborate with the rest of GTCYS’ team to support communications needs across the organization. Candidates with local experience and connections in the Twin Cities community are preferred.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and calendar.
- Create compelling content, including digital and print marketing materials, e-newsletters, social media posts, videos, recordings, web content, concert descriptions, and advertisements to reach varied audiences across multiple platforms.
- Develop, execute, and analyze promotional activities to increase engagement around GTCYS’ concerts, programs, and news.
- Manage day-to-day social media activities; create and publish content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and emerging channels.
- Develop and coordinate advertising initiatives and concert ticket strategies, and identify new opportunities to expand revenue streams.
- Manage relationships with vendors and other external partners.
- Build community connections to generate news stories.
- Collaborate across GTCYS’ staff to support communications needs and ensure consistent use of GTCYS’ branding and key messages.
- Deliver results within time, scope, and budget.
- Participate in key GTCYS activities and events to capture stories and photos (some evenings and weekends required).
- Robust creative writing skills for compelling storytelling across various media platforms
- Strong understanding of digital engagement and experience managing social media calendars, creating campaigns, and developing content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Eye for strong visual design, and experience with photography and videography
- Superb organization skills, attention to detail, and deadline-driven
- Ability to generate creative ideas, self-motivate, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, or advertising
- Technical skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to design for print and web
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, WordPress, and HTML
- Video creation and editing experience
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools and engagement tactics
- Musical knowledge and desire to work with a youth arts organization
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Combine the following documents into a single pdf and email it to email@example.com by September 14.
- Cover letter describing how your experience and skills align with this role
- Up to three work samples that demonstrate your ability as an ideal candidate
- Three professional references