Fox SportsFOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox’s 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX’s interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.
JOB DESCRIPTIONFox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry’s brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it’s like to work in the entertainment industry.
- FOX Sports North reaches more than 2 million homes throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota and telecasts nearly 2,600 hours of locally produced programming per year. For more information on the Emmy Award-winning regional sports network visit www.foxsportsnorth.com.
- The marketing/communications departments are responsible for supporting partnerships with eight professional sports teams and leading a team tasked with developing communication and marketing strategies that help advance the network’s production, PR, sales and community efforts. These strategies include media relations, events, on-air campaign development, digital and social media outreach as well as community relations.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field
- Schedule that allows student to work 15-20 hours/week in the office
- Office Location: 800 LaSalle Ave, Suite 200 | Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Flexibility that allows student to work minimum of 10 events
- Events typically at off-site location, in the evening
- Write copy: learn to create Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (and other social media platforms) posts specific to company and team initiatives, goals and events
- Schedule and organize: become familiar with digital platforms by organizing and sending out social media posts outlined by Communications and Marketing departments
- Implement social media contests: assist PR/Marketing with the implementation and follow up duties related to contests: contacting fans, mailing out items, etc
- Interact and communicate with fans: follow up with fans by responding to questions, comments, etc with guidance from communications team.
i.e. Viewing parties, tailgates, signature station events, etc
- Prepare: help plan, organize and prepare for off-site, on-the-ground PR/Marketing events
- Learn independence and responsibility: become familiar with how to execute and mange a Marketing/PR event
- Document: take photos, write re-cap, etc for post-event PR purposes
- Observe: Attend pre/post game set, production truck, live shoots, etc to gain an understanding of “presence” and responsibility in different professional settings
- Prepare and Follow Up: work with communications and Marketing/OAP to fulfill client and team requests: dub in-game drops, features, etc and get to clients in a timely matter
- Research: Assist departments with client/team research for numerous different projects to learn multi-tasking ability and importance of preparation