Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Senior Marketing Director
This role is responsible for creating and executing marketing strategies to increase the consumer buy rate of yearbooks. The role oversees the Jostens Consumer Marketing program, which provides schools with resources (marketing materials) and services (email program, direct mail) that create awareness of the yearbook sale. In addition, this role is responsible for all current copy initiatives (On Demand marketing materials, email templates, promotion of yearbook sales online and on social platforms) and also for creating new resources.
Contacts and Communications: The incumbent works with the yearbook rep council and sales management to create and execute strategies to increase the number of yearbook copies sold.
• BA/BS in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of fundamental marketing and sales concepts, and strong financial acumen
• 8-10 years of business experience
• Experience in project management demonstrating ability to use project management discipline to plan, track, execute and communicate project progress
• Strategic thinker, demonstrating ability to creatively provide solutions and ideas and narrow down a broad range of internal and external factors in order to problem-solve
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels; and strong leadership skills and the ability to drive a team to results
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Consumer and/or customer marketing preferred or industry related experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a sales organization
• Digital marketing/UX experience
Approximately 15% to national/international sales meetings, field visits, plant visits, workshops, tradeshows and other travel as needed
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.