Life Time champions a healthy, happy life on behalf of our Members and Team Members across 138 destinations in 38 major markets. With our fastest growth ahead, we are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated and talented communications professional to join our Corporate and Member Communications team as a Public Relations Specialist.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for serving as a strategic business partner to Life Time executives, business and program leaders across Life Time markets in the US and Canada. Responsibilities include supporting the development and execution of public and media relations strategies, plans and tactics for Life Time Events, destinations, businesses, products, and services.
· Establish and build relationships with key media and influencers that result in earned media coverage and reinforce Life Time as the nation’s only Healthy Way of Life brand.
· Develop compelling media pitches, press releases and press kit materials that differentiate Life Time in the marketplace and drive member acquisition and retention.
· Facilitate and manage media relations for Life Time Events and other key company initiatives, tasks include managing multiple agency partners, determining media targets, creating and executing PR plans, fielding incoming media inquiries and coordinating and conducting interviews across the US and Canada.
· Prepare and maintain media lists, and monitor, prepare and distribute media results on a daily and ad hoc basis.
· Continuously evaluate and improve media relations program effectiveness and efficiency.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or public relations.
· 3-5 years of proven public relations experience and at least one year in client management experience, preferably within an agency setting. Experience with nationwide retail and consumer/lifestyle media preferred.
· Proven success in generating national, regional and local coverage across a range of media for consumer services and offerings.
· Excellent writing skills, including pitches, press releases and feature articles.
· Excellent public speaking skills and demonstrated ability to handle and manage interviews both on camera and over phone/email.
· Demonstrated skill developing and monitoring PR and media relations strategies and initiatives.
· Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
· Outstanding organizational and project management skills with high attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind; quick learner; results oriented.
· Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, draw valid conclusions, implement sound decisions and provide results-based measurement.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe suite programs, as well as media database and reporting tools such as Cision, Critical Mention and TrendKite.
Physical / Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
Work is performed in an office setting. This position is required to regularly:
· Talk and hear.
· Read, write, type and comprehend text.
· Observe objects up close and at a distance.
· Effectively communicate and interact with others.
· Use reasoning and solve problems through deduction.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.