The MarComm Specialist – Consumer Markets Content Producer reports to the Manager, Marketing Communications-Consumer Markets and is responsible for planning, developing, writing and producing a broad range of marketing communications materials for IFB, Medicare and Medicaid. Materials include but are not limited to traditional/offline content such as product and sales brochures, tipsheets, sell sheets, handbooks, and event/seminar/webinar presentations. The Specialist also will serve as lead content producer for digital marketing initiatives including websites, microsites, social media platforms, blogs, newsletters and other online vehicles.
The Specialist serves as an integral member of the Consumer Markets team working in close collaboration with the Marketing Communications Managers responsible for IFB and Government Programs marketing programs. The Specialist will take on special marketing and communications projects as assigned, working closely with team leadership to develop content strategy and execution across a spectrum of omni-channel mediums.
The Specialist will have excellent project management skills. The incumbent must be well-versed in a broad range of online and offline mediums with excellent writing and editorial skills. Knowledge of federal, state and internal regulatory/compliance approval processes and requirements is a key responsibility for this position to ensure that sales and distribution channel communications and marketing materials consistently execute against its regulatory obligations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Major: Journalism, Content Marketing, Marketing Communications
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
Specific Types of Experience or Skills Required:
- Experience serving as content producer including excellent writing and editorial skills across a broad range of online and offline mediums.
- Experience collaborating with and managing creative/marketing professionals
- Experience in the health care industry including insurance company/payer operations and marketing
- Individual & Family Business and/or Government Programs product marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), federal Medicare Marketing Guidelines, and Medicaid marketing rules including digital mediums
- In-depth knowledge of various state insurance division regulations in Medica’s service area
- Superior planning and project management skills
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams resulting in successful program implementation