Coordinate event-related operations for the Conference and Event Services team. Provide conference and event planning service to event stakeholders.
- Coordinate event-related operations including: creating registration forms, collecting RSVPs, guest list management, name tag fulfillment, interior and exterior signage placement, conference / event survey administration and analysis, produce invoices, manage deposits and payment processing, request purchase orders, submit budget transfers, order office supplies, compile and submit monthly expense reports, monitor e-announcements and CES inbox. Coordinate summer housing rosters and key cards.
- Lead event stakeholders in the planning of conferences and events. Reserve space and additional resources in Event Management Software. Communicate details and logistics to event stakeholders and internal support staff throughout planning process. Provide stakeholder support for commencement ceremonies, opening chapel, faculty retreats, and internal and external groups as assigned.
- Assist at primary client events and other events as assigned.
- Approve Tinker and/or Wufoo pages and post events to the university calendar. Serve as web author for Conference and Event Services, commencement, and GS / SEM Intensives websites. Maintain online academic calendars with current dates.
- Provide room scheduling support during peak cycles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Show aptitude to learn Event Management System software.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multitask under pressure.
- Possess social skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to collaborate with others as well as work independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential information in a mature, professional manner.
Two years of work experience in the hospitality, public relations, or customer service industries.
Bachelor’s degree required; CSEP and/or CMP preferred.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- It involves working with others in close quarters.
- Some work may be performed outdoors in various weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will likely be required to load, set up, strike, and unload event equipment.
- The following movements may also be required: bending, squatting, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, reaching above shoulder level, waist twisting, carrying/lifting up to 30 pounds, gripping/grasping, and repetitive hand and arm movements.
- The employee may be required to access areas that are not ADA compliant.
- 1.0 FTE, 12 months per year position. It includes occasional evening and weekend hours; possibile holiday hours.
- Position also requires occasional staff support or on-call support for student usher team.
Office of Human Resources
3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel seeks to recruit, retain, and develop a diverse workforce who contributes to our educational and Christ-centered mission.
Learn more about our commitment to diversity in hiring .
Bethel University is a leader in Christ-centered higher education with approximately 6,300 students from 48 states and 32 countries enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, with an additional seminary location in San Diego, California, Bethel offers bachelor's and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields. Educationally excellent classroom-based and online programs equip graduates to make exceptional contributions in life-long service to God and the world.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, familial status, and status with regard to public assistance. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.